Cape Air Guam Based Atr Crews ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAPTAINAMERICA

Does anyone have any information about obtaining employment with Cape Air's Guam based ATR 42 Aircraft Operation.

Does the company hire external applicants for that aircraft or do they fill the positions with current employees?

ATR Flight Crew Schedules?

High turn over or no?

Thanks..........

Sometime you have to wait for years to be senior enough to go to Guam. They are put out for bid.

No external hires in a long time.

Schedules, no clue.

Company culture, laid back.

Worth the wait? I would say it is if you want to move to Guam. I have a friend there, and he and his wife seem to like it. His car that he off loaded on me when he moved is still running strong too.

Openings on the ATR are opened to 402 pilots and then to street hires. There has been hiring of ATR FO's off the street in the past and it's likely to happen again in the very near future... there has been a recent spate of pilots leaving for much higher paying expat jobs, leaving them short-handed. That's not to say turnover is expectionally high... it runs in spurts. Schedule is typically 15 days off per month which gives opportunity for travel but days are hard, 9 legs is common, and graveyard shifts. Payscale is nothing to brag about. However you are home at the end of the day.

As for obtaining employment... send in a resume using the link on the web site. There's a pilot open house coming up in Boston on September 6th also.

Latest resources

Back