• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

candidates position at NPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this JS the same JS that's on "the list"? If so, it would certainly explain his desire to keep ALPA out of here.

I don't know. Someone pointed that out to me earlier today. It would be interesting to find out if it's the same JS.

Do you mean the J.S. EAL 89 emp# 78558 on the JUMPSAET PROTECTION LIST? Regardless of your feelings toward ALPA, this ought to cause some serious concerns when considering a UNION presidential bid.

The most votes = winner.

Usually we can't get over 50% of the pilots to vote!

Actually, in order to win the election, a candidate must get more than 50% of the votes cast in the election. If no single candidate gets more than 50% of the votes cast, then their will be a runoff between the 2 candidates with the most votes received. In the runoff, a simple majority of votes cast wins.

No plurality votes here.

Do you mean the J.S. EAL 89 emp# 78558 on the JUMPSAET PROTECTION LIST? Regardless of your feelings toward ALPA, this ought to cause some serious concerns when considering a UNION presidential bid.

That's the one I saw...not positive it's the same guy. I'd say it's probably a good bet though.

Last edited:
The scabs are already deeply entrenched in the chief pilots office and the training(checking) dept. Let's not surrender our union to them as well. We ought to be working toward ending their reign of terror as management pilots with some good strong contract language that says "not on the AirTran pilot seniority list, then don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!"

It bothers me there's no candidates in the 69 numbers on up. It seems the pulse of this airline lately has been from the folks hired in the last 6 years or so. You would think they would be interested in turning this thing around. I'd rather see someone with fresh ideas and prior union experience from a former ALPA carrier that doesn't have AT/VJ management ties dating back a decade. Just my $.02

I'd rather see someone with fresh ideas and prior union experience from a former ALPA carrier that doesn't have AT/VJ management ties dating back a decade. Just my $.02

Many former ALPA elected reps work here, including two former MEC Chairmen, but I have yet to talk to even one that is interested in getting involved as long as the NPA is in place.

Have any of the candidates come out and said they are pro-ALPA?
I believe Michael Pons has, but he's likely not going to be on the ballot, you'd have to choose him as a write-in.

There are 5 nominees, the top 2 pilots receiving the most nominations will be on the ballot, the rest eligible as write-ins.

It's more than likely going to come down to a battle between JS and MB. Drastically different positions as well...

Will be interesting to see what happens, especially since I'm awaiting System Board and grievance and we don't even have System Board pilots appointed - one was recalled and the other quit.

Latest resources

Back