Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

another cfii

Hi all,

Try to get down to Cancun for a long weekend. Any ideas? Where to stay (with crew rate) cheap?? What to do?

Thanks!!!
a lowly commuter FO

You might check Travelocity or expedia for deals--this is the off season so it should be pretty reasonable.

If you haven't been before, be aware that people in the airport will approach you and ask if you need transportation or tours--they are trying to sell time shares. Just tell them you've been and don't need transportation. Either get a cab or go out to the curb and try to find a reasonable van from there.

We stayed at the Sheraton last year. Nice place. Good luck.TC

Check with a local travel agent. They are more up on any last minute specials, and at least you know when you get there that you'll have a room.

Torrey

The Hilton had a great crew rate when I went down there last summer.

Thanks for all the reply.

What kind of crew rate can I expect down in CUN? And should I just book it on expedia right now, or wait till i arrive into CUN and then just walk-up? Advice much needed! Thanks again.

Why on earth would you book it on Expedia!?!? Call a local travel agent and support your local economy. A good travel agent is able to get exactly what you can get online and many times, at a lower price. I bet all of you didn't know that about 60% of the time, consumers pay more than if they booked through a travel agent. Why pay more!?!? Also, travel agents are the experts in selling travel, and of course, you'll want one that has been to CUN often and has first hand experience with it.

If you feel you must book it online, book it with a real travel agency (not expedia) that has a booking engine online. That way, if you run into a problem, you are actually able to talk to someone who really cares about helping you resolve any problems that may come up.

Torrey

Why on earth would you stay in Cancun when Playa del Carmen is just 30 to 45 minutes south, by bus. It is by far the coolest place I have ever been. Very european, very clean, and upscale. Hot Babes, and some what cheap. Cancun is a dirt hole compared to Playa.

I suggest you rent a jeep, and make the track south. Rent a hotel, in the city, and enjoy yourself. If you have time go check out some of the Chanute's, or drive down to Akumal and go to La Vida Loco, an old Grateful Dead hangout, with treehouse tables in the Palm trees over looking the beach. Xal Ha or something like it, is a major tourist trap that is worth going to if you have two weeks of time down there and need to fill in the gaps.

Oh Yeah, stay away from the Monkey's they bite.

got a good rate at Grand Oasis through perx.com, good place

I suggest setting up an airport transfer beforehand. I did through Olympus Tours, $25 round trip.

Cabs are not allowed to pick up at the aiport due to gouging...but can take you to the airport from your hotel at a reasonable rate. If you dont set up a transfer, look for Collectivos, who replaced the taxis. Look for white vans, $10-15 bucks oneway from what I hear

If its in the high 90's in Memphis, what is it in Cancun? About a billion degrees?

Second the Playa del Carmen remarks. Cancun is a little too predatory for me. Playa del Carmen is feels more like you're on vacation. Better yet go to Costa Rica.

Latest resources

Back