• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can you "Redispatch" enroute???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I change destinations on trips under 135 all the time. I fly air ambulance and roughly 50% of the time we take longer flights to drop a patient off somewhere else we get diverted to pick up another on the way home. Our Op Specs don't cover anything related to a change of destination, so as long as fuel and weather are good its no problem, and we just ask the center controller for a clearance to the new destination.

NoPax said:
SLI is Seal Beach, California. Just east of Long Beach, and it's a Military base. Kind of out of the way for a flight between O'Hare and Tulsa :rolleyes:

Yeah that is a little out of the way. Hope you have a nice brand new bathroom in your airplane!!!!

My understanding is that the ops specs prohibition against planned redispatch only applies to international operations. Dispatching to one airport intending to go to another if wx improves is totally okay domestically. There is no such thing as "planned redispatch" if you are talking domestic ops.

Re-dispatch

121 Re-dispatch is only for international flights where you are trying to get some relief from the 10 percent of time extra fuel. I think everybody here has it right that you are just amending your domestic flight. The requirement is for flight following not actual dispatch operations at a 135.

Latest resources

Back