• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe DEN....

DEN isn't exactly "west coast"

I heard either LAX or ONT...

Yep, and it'll go "senior"

Highly doubt that ASA/XJT will get any bases west of DEN. Skywest is very protective of it's west coast turf and they have the backing of Jerry and Inc. If there was to be a ASA/XJT base out west it would have to be because Skywest had better lucrative flying out east and was shifting it's resourses there. IAH and MSP could be that case depending to what extent the size of those bases will eventually become.

What hou757 said....

I don't think Skywest will make the decision. It's really more on United right now deciding what planes they want where.

It's not "SkyWest's turf". It's UNICAL's flying, and they're allocating aircraft as they see fit to cover the flying. As an example, I'm sure if they want to ship some XR's out west to cover routes that a 200 can't do, I'm sure they'll do it.

No matter where you end up, I wouldn't buy a house based solely on a new base assignment.

If you guys did get a west coast base and all 3 pilot groups did merge lists, very few people at XJT who want a west coast base would be senior enough to hold it.

Latest resources

Back