Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can us regional nerds write off sunglasses?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you really think the IRS is going to waste their time and my tax dollar on an audit on a regional pilot...... bwahahaha!

A shift manager at Jack in the Box will get tapped by the Feds before you!

deduct "two" pair of sunglasses.... and don't forget the high dollar soft schwamie wipe and the special lens cleaner while you're at it!!!!

Last edited:
Write off whatever you want. Write off sneakers, sunglasses, clothes purchase for overnights. None of it matters......Unless you get audited. Then yes, you might have a problem. If you get audited and write off your sunglasses, chances are they are gonna say, NO. But that won't be the only thing, they'll find something else and you'll pay back taxes and fines.

Trojan

If its not part of our uniform requirement can we write off buying for sunglasses for work?

for a serious answer, yes, I write them off every year as a I get a new prescription, them, APDL, shoes, uniforms, internet purchases in hotels that do not have free internet (as its an expense to check "schedules"). Tax man says as long as its inside of 3k a year (non-perdiem) its an acceptable job related expense. Don't forget the perdiem and tips for the van driver.

Make sure you buy the sunglasses that are mirrored... Iceman.......
Dude.. You're dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!
:crying:

While you're at it, iPod, Hair Gel and backpacks are also listed in the IRS code under regional tard - special needs.

for a serious answer, yes, I write them off every year as a I get a new prescription, them, APDL, shoes, uniforms, internet purchases in hotels that do not have free internet (as its an expense to check "schedules"). Tax man says as long as its inside of 3k a year (non-perdiem) its an acceptable job related expense. Don't forget the perdiem and tips for the van driver.

internet purchases when there's a business center down the hall? seriously. Sunglasses every year? Have fun getting audited and explaining that.

Go rob a bank if you want to bend uncle sam over. It'd be a lot more honorable than that ********************.

Latest resources

Back