• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can someone tell me what happens- SWA MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any 737 types types here that can look in their book and give a factored landing distance?

Give them the benefit of the doubt that everything was working...auto spoilers, autobrakes, etc..

I gotta believe that the number is going to be surprising, esp with a twc and contamination factors.

But I'm not a 73 guy...just curious.

...not a SWA dig here, but cities don't OWE airlines runways. It is up to the operators (PIC, airline folks, or whoever) to decide if runway is long enough (or not long enough) to operate safely. If not--go somewhere else.

The state wants to build a new airport in Peotone. I actually think it's a good idea -- and MDW should be closed (at least to jet air-carriers). I'm surprised slide-offs don't happen there more often.

...not a SWA dig here, but cities don't OWE airlines runways. It is up to the operators (PIC, airline folks, or whoever) to decide if runway is long enough (or not long enough) to operate safely. If not--go somewhere else.
They are not owed but when a company contributes to the local economy in a way that SW does in MDW, you can bet that the city will do whatever is needed to be done in order to keep them there. If you have a city that isn't willing to try to keep large corporations in their city then it's time for new leadership.

Latest resources

Back