Can someone tell me the "GoJet" story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BizPilot

Just seen a lot of flame lately about this regional called "GoJet".

Could someone give me a brief overview about the company's history, and why GoJet is considered such low-life?

I get the hunch they are PFT, and bottom-of-the-barrel in pay?

Someone please fill me in, I'd like to hear about these "Bassards"

rtmcfi said:
Use the search function.
Yep, and turn up around 500 threads, each with 500 posts; each thread degenerates into name calling and bashing; then Mesa comes up, then "SCAB" will appear... yadda yadda yadda.

I think the first poster is looking for a brief synopsis of the G0 Jet mess, without having to wade thru all that crap...

G0jet is an alter ego carrier created by Trans States Airlines management to whipsaw the Trans States pilot group. The pilots who went to g0jet went there knowing that they were joining an alter ego. They were looking to leap forward in seniority, and were willing to go to any lengths to do so.

here is a brief summary.

ALPA President to Trans States Management: We'll Cooperate, but We're Not Backing Down
ST LOUIS, MO - The head of the union that represents pilots at St. Louis-based Trans States Airlines today told pilots at a rally at Lambert Airport that the union is taking a carrot-and-stick approach to resolving labor issues at the airline.
"I have come here today to personally issue a public challenge to your management to alter the course that they have taken in dealing with their pilots," said Capt. Duane Woerth, president of the Air Line Pilots Association, International, in remarks prepared for the rally.
"I have come to challenge them to work cooperatively with our union to help build this airline for the future. And I have come to offer to help promote new business opportunities for this airline and new job opportunities for its ALPA pilots. I am convinced that, together, we can build Trans States into a strong, solid company for decades to come," Woerth said.
"I have also come here to draw public attention to the fact that, sadly, our efforts to discuss the issues before us in cooperation with the company have, to date, met with little to no success. Using only the most tenuous thread of justification, Trans States management has sought to create an alter-ego carrier that they intend to staff with pilots not sheltered by an ALPA-bargained contract," he said.
"In response to this tactic, we have been forced to file a grievance concerning this alter-ego carrier, because management has made it clear that GoJet exists solely to evade ALPA and the TSA-ALPA agreement. The clearest proof? Management's premature and illegal attempt to install a separate union before GoJet employs any pilots or begins operations. While management's public claim that a contractual restriction makes it impossible to extend the ALPA contract to larger jets, I assure you that we can readily overcome this very common obstacle," Woerth said.
"The management at Trans States has concluded that they have some strong opportunities for growth of their company-in new sectors, in new markets, on new routes, and flying for new carriers. I applaud that vision. I salute it. That being said, I insist that the Air Line Pilots Association and the pilots we represent play our legitimate role in tangibly contributing to that growth. There is absolutely no justifiable reason to create an alter-ego carrier or a carrier that is 'walled off' from our pilots, whose sacrifices and hard work have built this company. GoJet may indeed be a viable operation moving forward-but only with our pilots in those cockpits," he said.
"Unfortunately, time is running out, because the management team at TSA has decided to do more than just stop talking to our pilots and their representatives. They have made the unfortunate - and potentially devastating - decision to crack down on our union and our union representatives here in St. Louis and elsewhere," he said.
"Standing right here with me today are two good ALPA representatives-officers who put their necks on the line for their brothers and sisters-who have recently been unjustifiably fired by TSA. The Executive Council of our International union was so outraged by these maneuvers that it recently voted to make these fired pilots financially whole until they are rightfully returned to their cockpits. That's what being union is all about. I will not tolerate attacks on, or interference with, our union representatives-pilots or employees-simply because they are members or staff of this union," Woerth said.
"The climate here at Trans States Airlines does not need to be poisoned. We can start fresh today - if management accepts our offered hand and alters their course of action. If they make that change, we can build a better airline and a better environment for the future," he said.

I have challenged any g0jet pilot to respond to a simple question. They defend joining an alter ego and being part of a whipsaw. However when I ask if they would join an alter ego to whipsaw, say Fedex, they fall silent.

Rsspilot and the other g0jet alter ego pilots can't/won't answer the simple question. For the millionth time:

They keep dodging, confusing, obfuscating. But you can't run from the alter ego that you joined. So answer:

Go try your alter ego game at Fedex. Tell them that you will fly the A380 for less and start with zero seniority. How do you think that will go over?

Oh, but you would "like" your job at Fedexg0jet. It wouldn't be ok there, and its not ok here.

Thanks Redbrook.....good information. Thanks for the "overview".

So, does TSA still fly the ATR42 and ATR72 listed on their equipment list? Why are they hanging onto one of each?

Trans States Airlines, Inc. (AA*/AX/UA*/US*) (P,C,M)
[SIZE=-1](dba American Connection/United Express/US Airways Express)
9275 Genaire Drive, St. Louis, MO 63134-1937
(314) 895-8700; Fax: (314) 895-1040
Web site:
transstates.net
Hulas Kanodia, President/C.E.O.; Richard A. Leach, Executive V.P./C.O.O.; Gerry Wigmore,
C.F.O.; Al Blossé, Vice President-Maintenance; Dan Reed, Vice President-Flight Operations;
Craig Tompkins, Vice President-Safety; William R. Mishk, Vice President-Marketing/
Planning; Terry Basham, Vice President-Customer Service; Fred Oxley, Vice President-
Training/Administration
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Equipment: 30 EMBRAER ERJ145’s, 25 British Aerospace Jetstream 41's, 1 ATR 42,1 ATR 72
[/SIZE]

jbDC9 said:
Yep, and turn up around 500 threads, each with 500 posts; each thread degenerates into name calling and bashing; then Mesa comes up, then "SCAB" will appear... yadda yadda yadda.

I think the first poster is looking for a brief synopsis of the G0 Jet mess, without having to wade thru all that crap...

jbdc9,

I hope I responded fairly: no name calling, etc. TSA pilots have done their utmost to act with integrity and dignity during this, as you appropriately called it, mess.

BizPilot said:
Thanks Redbrook.....good information. Thanks for the "overview".

So, does TSA still fly the ATR42 and ATR72 listed on their equipment list? Why are they hanging onto one of each?

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

No problem BizPilot. The ATRs are gone and the 41s are almost gone.

Memories

Redbrook,

Man, I had a bunch of buddies who flew these in the mid-90's:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0687373/M/

Good ol' days, eh? The mid-1990's weren't so bad after-all. I spent a lot of time riding around in the 41's and ATRs on TSA. Nothing like seeing the TWA logos all over the ramp in St. Louis:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0183207/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0711802/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0160588/M/

Keep up your fight, Brother. I support your efforts 100%.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back