Can I live anywhere?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cheezpilot

Just wondering if you can live anywhere and still get the positive space tickets to work? Never was really interested in the fractionals until I heard of seven on, seven off schedules and they will fly you to work. If I lived in Canada, the Carribean, or somewhere in Central America, would they still fly me to work? Does it only have to be in the US?
Thanks, Cheez

live anywhere? hahah

At NJA there are about 28 "gateways" of which you will have to be at by midnite of your starting duty. You pay to get yourself there........ Of course if you allready live close to, or in a gateway, its not a pain. If you choose to live a 6 or 10 hours drive from it, then your donating some of your time to arrive alive on the job. Once at the gateway, the company sends you to where they want you on their nickel.

There are no gateways outside the USA.
The company buys you a ticket on a commercial carrier to get to the plane your assigned to ......... OR, your assigned duty plane may be at a local airport and you will fly it out your first day.

7 and 7 is only for the upper 50% of the pilots at NJA. The rest of us get whats left over........ a 17 workday month based on 31 days, usually broken down by 6 on 5 off type schedule. Also, there is a "flex schedule where you fill in wherever they need you and this gets you an extra grand a month but much less days off and the company "owns you".

Hopefullly, the new contract will make 7 and 7 available to all.............

:D

At Flight Options you are allowed to live anywhere within the 49 continental US and they will airline you to your airplane and airline you home on your last day of duty, plus they will pay for an airline ticket to a different location within the US other than your home if you let them know with a days notice, not a bad benefit, we have an 8/7 schedule. they airline to work on day 1 and airline you home on day 8 then you have 7 days off.

later

Thanks for the info. Does not sound as good as I heard. I thought I might be able to live in Belize which is only a two+ hour flight from IAH, MIA, and DFW on US carriers. I guess I will hang on to my airline job.

Latest resources

Back