Can DELTA Fly Solo?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IB6 UB9 said:
Rumor is when DAL exits bankruptcy we are going to buy them and staple the pilots. I was saving you a Blue Dart General, looks like I can give it to someone else.

Thanks man, I understand. I have been playing with my own stick lately to get ready for the Airbus sims. (I already flew E120s back in the early 90s--so I could fly that E190 with ramhorns too) If I do get the bus, let's be sure to bid transcon turns together. It will be soooo funny when you and I wake up together at the same time when the onboard computer starts yelling at us "Retards, you're out of fuel, Retards, you're out of fuel." That will be HILARIOUS.

Bye Bye--General Lee

wms said:
I don't know if Grinstien has ever turned a company around. He's polished it up and passed it off to someone else, and I think he's been working outside of his arena at DAL. If you look at the possible merger options, DAL would only bring another airline down, unless they merged with NWA. However, DAL and CAL do have something in common, their mgmts have both turned them around.;)

Grinstein is very successful away form Delta. He had/has his own mutual fund firm, and also buys and sells start up companies I believe. But, he has been good at mergers and acquisitions. He did that with Western Airlines, and I think one of the big railway companies. He has been on the DL board for 17 years, and I think he hired Leo Mullin, which turned out to be a mistake. Now he has been given the task of making up for Leo and Fred Greed's mistakes. He seems to have a plan, but was a tad bit late in implementing it. Hopefully he succeeds. I do see some sort of merger in our future, HOPEFULLY. (and not with Jetblue and the staple..)

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're right, he is successful. But as you show in your examples it's been at buying and selling, not shoring up for the long term. He's an entrepreneaur(sic), not a manager. He makes them look good on the outside and passes them off. Most of what he's done here has been slogans and gimics. The main thing with substance he did was cut fares in a climate that desperately needs increased revenue. I'm a DAL fan and it's discouraging to see the division that has taken place throughout DAL,Inc. If they had spent as much time managing as they've spent persuing personal and social interests, and as much time trying to defeat the competition as they've spent fighting their own empoyees, it'd be a different Delta right now. He hasn't tranformed DAL, he's fractured it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back