• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can anybody enlighten me on Ameristar Jet Charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'v heard that its not the best place but I have never heard of people loosing there liscenses is this true.And do there 737's fly charter or cargo?

Hi!

I can't speak for Ameristar.

I've had 3 flying jobs:
USAF
a regional
USA Jet Airlines.

I've also had quite a few other jobs, in a variety of career fields.

Overall, USAJ has been the best job I've had so far. The worst thing about it for me, is that it's hard to move on, as there are very few jobs that are better than USAJ.

Cliff
LRD

What are the hirring mins for USA Jet? I work at an FBO and see the DA20 and -9 everyonce in awhile. When i have the time im going to do whatever i can to get on with this company. Most of the guys i have talked to really like life at USA Jet.

go to jsfirm.com look for our job listing under fixed wing pilots and all the info is posted there. There is no charge

atpcliff said:
Hi!

I can't speak for Ameristar.

I've had 3 flying jobs:
USAF
a regional
USA Jet Airlines.

I've also had quite a few other jobs, in a variety of career fields.

Overall, USAJ has been the best job I've had so far. The worst thing about it for me, is that it's hard to move on, as there are very few jobs that are better than USAJ.

Cliff
LRD

How do you like flying the Falcon? Are they well equipped (TCAS, FMS, etc.)? How quickly can someone upgrade from the Falcon to the 9? Are people hired into the 9?

At USA Jet only the pax DA-20's have TCAD, what is FMS? is that something like a glass cockpit. We have glass over all of our steam gauges, does that count? These are real men's airplanes where you fly them instead of programming them. They do have RVSM and autopilots. All hiring USA Jet hiring is into the F/O's seat on the DA-20. Right now right seat of the DC-9 is about 1 year, bid on seniority. DA-20 Upgrade is also about one year, of course last year at this time it was 2.5 years. If interested go to jsfirm.com and post a resume

Hi!

The Falcon 20 is a great airframe. The engines are old technology, so you are often performance limited.

We have round dial airplanes (no TCAS, FMS, etc.). They all have GPS and they are all RVSMd so both altimiters work great and the autopilots keep you on your altitude. The best thing about our cockpits is they guy (or gal-we have a couple) next to you.

Upgrades are variable because of the economy, like everywhere, but the longest any Falcon Capt upgrade has taken since 1999 (maybe earlier) is 3.5 years, so its a lot quicker than at the better regionals.

Cliff
GRB

(FMS is the system that integrates all of your navigational aids into one box, including your radios. The newer jets all have (usually) two of them.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back