Cambridge Md

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Does anybody have any thing good or bad to say about Cambridge? A friend is looking for something that is close to DC since thats where the office is. But he only has to go once or twice a week. Housing is still affordable in that area and just looking for any info. Thanks

Been on the eastern shore 6 very, very, very long years, and can't wait to leave. If you're not from the area, and your family hasn't been here 400 years, it is quite a culture shock. "Southern Rednecks" (joking) have nothing on the locals.

I would look more to the West of DC.

psysicx said:
Does anybody have any thing good or bad to say about Cambridge? A friend is looking for something that is close to DC since thats where the office is. But he only has to go once or twice a week. Housing is still affordable in that area and just looking for any info. Thanks

What's his def of affordable? Traffic across the Bay Bridge can be a b!tch during rush hour! I'm in the Annapolis area and love it. It's not cheap though.

Kmtn

I grew up in baltimore area and though that martin state airport wasnt that bad also saw a flight school there on 350 looking for people the school was brett aviation. It a nice airport with the ANG base on it.

Cambridge is a bit too far of a drive....

Eastern shore: Why not consider Stevensonville or Grasonville just across the Bay Bridge. Close to the Bay Bridge, still cheaper housing than the Western side and not that bad of a drive. Even Easton would be closer than Cambridge. I flew out of both airports. Cambridge is more rural.

I love Annapolis, but it is very expensive to buy right now.

Calvert County on the Western shore, but south of Baltimore is still a good buy and closer to DC. You can go rural and on the water and be closer to DC than Cambridge.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the info. Cheap is under $300,000 for a new house. I will mention those areas. He likes the rural areas.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back