CAL's Brand Spankin' New Boeing(s)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its like a 757 with chopped gear.

-remember don't you guys dare give up anything on that scope clause of yours.

We are now in negotiations with Boeing for 8 more A/C. Four are definately 777-300's and the other 4 have yet to be identified. Should be announced soon.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one not excited about these 737-900ER's? They are going to replace almost all of our 757-200 domestic flying and will be doing some Trans-Con flying once done by the 757(which was once done by the DC-10/A-300). Although they have good range and passanger comfort stuff, most people just see this as another 737 on their 3-5 hour flight. Passangers don't really like flying on 737's for 5 hours across the country, despite the inflight entertainment. Not to mention those who will have to fly that thing all over cramped in that little cockpit... I hope, when we finally start getting more widebodies in 2009-2013 that we bring our 757's back home to fly domestic runs and trans-cons. That's mostly what I do out of IAH on the 757-300 and it does such a good job. Heck, CAL substituted a 767-400 on a IAH-MSY turn a few days ago. Maybe that's a sign that we aren't completely losing our minds here.

IAHERJ

Passangers don't really like flying on 737's for 5 hours across the country, despite the inflight entertainment.
IAHERJ

I fully agree just be happy its not ERJ195 thats doing those trips under the Wexford banner. You know that Chataqua is already thinking they will be doing that flying for us in 08?

its like a 757 with chopped gear.

-remember don't you guys dare give up anything on that scope clause of yours.

I would rather strike my job out of existance before I agree to relieve scope!

Places like BFS, COL, HAM, and OSL won't work with a widebody. CAL seems to be the master of putting the the optimal piece of equipment in a market (ie full). Although I wish too we could have more 75 domestic, I wouldn't count on it...

Why do I feel like I'm the only one not excited about these 737-900ER's? They are going to replace almost all of our 757-200 domestic flying and will be doing some Trans-Con flying once done by the 757(which was once done by the DC-10/A-300). Although they have good range and passanger comfort stuff, most people just see this as another 737 on their 3-5 hour flight. Passangers don't really like flying on 737's for 5 hours across the country, despite the inflight entertainment. Not to mention those who will have to fly that thing all over cramped in that little cockpit... I hope, when we finally start getting more widebodies in 2009-2013 that we bring our 757's back home to fly domestic runs and trans-cons. That's mostly what I do out of IAH on the 757-300 and it does such a good job. Heck, CAL substituted a 767-400 on a IAH-MSY turn a few days ago. Maybe that's a sign that we aren't completely losing our minds here.

IAHERJ

I know what you mean but Boeing made that bed when they discontinued the 757 line. And on the PAX side there really is no difference in coach between the 757 or NG 737 at least none that I can notice when I deadhead. Now the cockpit is another story, I may have to bid the 756 just to save my back.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back