Callsign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gutenberg

How do you apply for a callsign? Instead of the ol' Tango-November, I would like to be able to use one that gets our name over the airways. Is it an FCC thing? Any help is appreciated.

I believe you apply to the FAA. Call your FSDO and they should give you a heads up on it. I know it does take awhile and you have to give them 3 choices. Ours took about 6-7 months to get through and we got assigned our third choice.

My company just did it and it took about 6 months or so. I guess it got screwed up once with the FEDS as they tired to get it straight with ATC. Just be prepared to explain the name to controllers for the foreseeable future, even if you file the phonetic in the remarks. :rolleyes:

I was thinking more like

Hold it till we get there air taxi
or You must be this short to ride...incorporated

rod farva said:
Balloon knot, hahahaaaaa, I'm crying, good stuff

I heard that word for the first time on Family Guy the other day. I about fell out of my chair.

bigepilot said:
My company just did it and it took about 6 months or so. I guess it got screwed up once with the FEDS as they tired to get it straight with ATC. Just be prepared to explain the name to controllers for the foreseeable future, even if you file the phonetic in the remarks. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought you could just request what you want to be called in the remarks section. I know that your looking for a call sign like "Hoppa Jet 123" or "Flight Ops 123" But can some one clarify that for me, thanks.

Latest resources

Back