Callsign

Gutenberg

Total Time
How do you apply for a callsign? Instead of the ol' Tango-November, I would like to be able to use one that gets our name over the airways. Is it an FCC thing? Any help is appreciated.

flyinlow67

Total Time
I believe you apply to the FAA. Call your FSDO and they should give you a heads up on it. I know it does take awhile and you have to give them 3 choices. Ours took about 6-7 months to get through and we got assigned our third choice.

bigepilot

Total Time
t
My company just did it and it took about 6 months or so. I guess it got screwed up once with the FEDS as they tired to get it straight with ATC. Just be prepared to explain the name to controllers for the foreseeable future, even if you file the phonetic in the remarks. :rolleyes:

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Total Time
Gutenberg said:
I would like to be able to use one that gets our name over the airways.quote]

Here's your call sign... Chicken Fokker

Gutenberg

Total Time
I was thinking more like

Hold it till we get there air taxi
or You must be this short to ride...incorporated

rod farva

Total Time
Balloon knot, hahahaaaaa, I'm crying, good stuff

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
Total Time
rod farva said:
Balloon knot, hahahaaaaa, I'm crying, good stuff
I heard that word for the first time on Family Guy the other day. I about fell out of my chair.

Shamus

FL 510
Total Time
bigepilot said:
My company just did it and it took about 6 months or so. I guess it got screwed up once with the FEDS as they tired to get it straight with ATC. Just be prepared to explain the name to controllers for the foreseeable future, even if you file the phonetic in the remarks. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought you could just request what you want to be called in the remarks section. I know that your looking for a call sign like "Hoppa Jet 123" or "Flight Ops 123" But can some one clarify that for me, thanks.

bigepilot

Total Time
t
Yeah, you're gonna have to go through a bit of paperwork with the FEDS in order to get a permanent call sign. Once you are approved for the name (Options, Flex, HoppaJet) then you can file whatever number you want after it once it gets going. They also ask that once it is approved you file the phoenetic of the name in the remarks section. Just contact your local FSDO. I believe the name will be ICAO recognized once you jump through the hoops. Hope this helps a bit.

Total Time
.5taxi
LMAO...dirty sanchez...oh god that's good.

I always wanted 69FNA...

Total Time
.5taxi
Beer to anyone that knows who Dusty1 might be.

bestforward

Total Time
I tried filing our company call sign on an international 135 trip, caused alot of confusion. From then on filed TN.