Calls for SWA Fingerprinting??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

furlodpilot

Just curious to know if any other poolie has recently received a call to have fingerprints done. Much to my surprise I met a voice message today on my home phone to set up an appointment to have my fingerprints done. I'm currently sitting at #50 in the unofficial pool list and I have been told as recently as a month ago that I am 4 classes out, with no plans to have any future classes this year. Any one who would like to weigh in on this, please do so. I am curious to know if this is a sign of impending hiring this year or if they are simply gearing up for early next year. Someone please enlighten me!

Same Same today for me too. And while I'm sure it's to gear up for something at sometime either sooner or later, it's at least nice to know that the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a freight train after all :) Enjoy the summer....we'll be in the books soon enough. Can't wait to see youz guyz in class.

Is this the first time

Red Leader,

Is this the first time you will have your fingerprints taken for SWA?

Did they ask you to do it last year?

I had mine done last Sept when I returned from Kuwait and was going to be in Baltimore for a day anyway. The told me to go to the SWA Office there and have it done.

I don't remember if I prompted them or they called me about it, I think I prompted them to save me a trip to a Domicile to have it done.

furlodpilot
Who knows about the future of SWA hiring. On the other hand, it was sure nice to read a post from a fellow poolie. Things have been pretty baren in flightinfo land for SWA rumors. Hope to see you all soon in class.

Opie..
I did my finger printing last fall. I was passing through Dallas and LL told me to just come on by and get it done. Eventhough I was no where close to being called for class (she actually laughed when I asked how many classes out I was. I think her response was... how many years I was out.) Basically, anyone in the pool can get it done if they just call up and say they would like to be fingerprinted.

Last edited:
LL told Me and Pitchfork 3 Classes

Furloghed Pilot,

LL told me#48 and Pitchfork#49 that we are slated for the 3rd class they will have.

No if you talked to LL a month ago, she probably ment the 4th class including the 19 May Class.

If they have the rumored 2 more classes this year then we could be in the 1st class after the new year.

#43 on current list and also got a call Wednesday to get fingerprinted. I asked about future classes but nothing besides a good-natured "things can change fast" response. Last time I talked to LL (early May) I was told 3-4 classes after the May classes.

Hey Guys..

Recently home from class (April 21).. WOW@!! I was amazed by the entire process.. every bit worth the wait.. Anyway, as far as rumors that were going around.. We met with some higher-ups, and they indicated that there was a chance of one more class in August, and that might be it for the year..(This was about 2-3 weeks ago) That was not the news that we wanted to hear, but that is what we were told. Evidently alot of the folks from the military are coming back earlier than they had anticipated and they are concerned about being overstaffed.. BUT one of the best things (in my opinion) about SWA, is that they can change gears in a split second, and know how to jump when they need to.. I believe the fingerprints expire after 60-90 days, so that is great news that they are calling people in for that.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to post or send me a PM..

S.B.

interesting post starrbuck. Thanks for the info.

I am suprised that fingerprints last such a short time! Anyhow...I was told 4 classes out ( top of the 4th)...but could be 3 classes out and I too am going to get fingerprinted.

Things that make you go hmmmmm. Does anyone know how long the finger prints truly last before expiration?

aj

Good sign...

Hey guys, this is certainly a good sign, I would think, unless you robbed a bank lately, or joined Al Qaeda in the last few months.

I went back in January to get f/p'd at the PD in BWI, and I remember being told that the f/p's were good for 30 days. I remember asking if that meant that we'd have to get them done again, and I was told no, they simply just download the files as they need them so that everything is current just before you come to school. (there's probably a little more to it than that, but that's the basic jist of what I was told)

It sounds to me that they are trying to tie up all the loose ends so that no one gets passed up for a class because they weren't f/p'd. This is just another sign that they're on top of the game, as usual, and looking out for your best interest.;)

I think there will still be one class before the end of Aug and two more late in the year (NOV and DEC). However, I do think things are changing rapidly and my class prediction could be on the low side. Watch the economy (and maybe more importantly the stock market). If you see big numbers for second quarter, look for 2 new cities next year.

Corndog

Latest resources

Back