• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Calls for SWA Fingerprinting??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoa...fingerprints last how long??? I could've sworn that they were pretty much the same for life (barring unusual accidents, etc.). But, I guess if ya'll have been in the pool as long as I've been reading, the wrinkles have started to get their own wrinkles and that drives the need for a repeat on the fingerprinting every couple of months. I suggest you put your fingers around a couple of cold, frosty beers to stop the transfiguration, and "enjoy" (tolerate?) the wait. The gang at Southwest are good folks and won't steer ya wrong. Now that I think of it, I've got a 12-pack of beer in the fridge with a shorter lifespan than the previously reported fingerprints. 12 beers...10 fingerprints...coincidence????

Ya'll take care and have fun when the first day at work comes along...

I am #49 on our list and got the same fingerprint call last week - I asked LL what the implications were as last word was three classes away. She said they were just making sure they were ready in case plans change - "I wouldn't want you to miss a class for paperwork in case something changes like taking extra planes or something else like that." I told her I wouldn't quit my day job and will keep planning on Jan/Feb to which she said that sounds good. Off to MDW

more planes huh?

Perhaps Boeing is ready to make a deal.....$4 million cash back or 60 months, 0% financing. They're ready to move some '03 models, well equipped. Let's hope they've got some slick talk'n salesmen.

Reuters
UPDATE - Boeing says shipped 23 jets in May, down 30 pct
Monday June 9, 12:21 pm ET

SEATTLE, June 9 (Reuters) - Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA - News) said on Monday it delivered 23 commercial jets in May, down 30 percent from a year earlier, amid shrunken demand from cash-strapped airlines weathering a painful air travel slump.

Boeing's Seattle-based jetliner unit, struggling to protect its industry leading position from rival Airbus SAS (XETRA:EAD.DE - News; Paris:EAD.PA - News), has shipped 113 jets in the first five months of the year, down 38 percent from 183 in the same period last year.

Boeing expects to deliver 280 jets this year, which would represent a 27 percent decline from 2002 and a drop of 47 percent from the 527 jets delivered in 2001.

Last month's deliveries included 14 of Boeing's top-selling model, the narrow-body 737, including one in a business jet configuration.

Boeing also posted six deliveries of wide-body 777s, but only one each from its 717 and 757 narrow-body programs and its 767 twin-aisle jet line.

U.S. airlines took just five of the May deliveries, including a 777-200ER and 767-300ER for AMR Corp.'s (NYSE:AMR - News) struggling American Airlines unit.

Asian airlines took six aircraft while leasing companies took another six jetliners.

Fingerprints

Hey Guys,

I spoke with LL today and she told me that ALL poolies will be fingerprinted hopefully by the end of summer. It is a "summer project" that they are working on. If that is the case, I don't believe the fingerprints are only good for a month or two. She also hinted that year to date they have trained 148, and she said that the original estimate for the year was 180 which took into account the retirements. So it looks like there should be at least a couple more classes this year. However, she said they are seeing how fast the military guys come back from kicking butt in Iraq. The pool is just over 200 of us, me being at the drain (the 11th class).

I am praying for a quick draining of the pool!!! I know it is worth the wait, just ready to fly for the best.

Happy flying,

RB

I'm with you on that prayer, RB. I just joined the unofficial pool list, and should be showing up around #161 when the list gets updated. I'm not too good at tredding, so I might just float on my back for a while and soak up some rays.

Like you posted, Red, it'll be a bit of a wait for us, but one that I wouldn't miss!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back