Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wowjack

I love Bro...,but I go RJ
When a company you're seeking to get hired with calls your present employer, what kind of questions are they asking?

they can ask anything they want, however your present or past employer may only provide the following information:
date of hire, starting salary, present salary, would they rehire you and as a pilot they have to provide all your traing records. Thats all they can legally say about you. They cannot say anything else either positive or negative.

717capt said:
they can ask anything they want, however your present or past employer may only provide the following information:
date of hire, starting salary, present salary, would they rehire you and as a pilot they have to provide all your traing records. Thats all they can legally say about you. They cannot say anything else either positive or negative.

keyword here is "may." There are enough losers out there with personal vendettas that will try and screw you. Best option is to sign up for one of the services that calls your employer and lets you know what they are saying about you.

717capt said:

717 is very correct, if you find out otherwise you have a huge lawsuit pending.. :beer:

I'm not saying I'm in bad standing with anyone, but now I'm curious as to where to find such an agency?

If they don't want you around, the best way to get rid of you is to give you a glowing recommendation. That has to be the easiest, lawsuit free way of getting rid of the "problem" guys.

Wowjack said:
I'm not saying I'm in bad standing with anyone, but now I'm curious as to where to find such an agency?

I know Laurie Clark offers it and frequents the board, She can alos be found on www.AviationInterviews.com

Very good Idea for anyone, I personally have fallen victim to post #3 and unless you can prove it good luck and I now am on the other end of the phone calls and YES, they do ask stuff they are not supposed to ask!

Depends on who answers the phone as to what gets answered, Like I was told, always put your direct Supervisor's name on the application, Not just the Companies 800 #, at least you have an idea where you stand with that one (I hope!)

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

What happens if a potential employer calls your current employer when you don't want your current employer to know you are looking for a job?

Latest resources

Back