• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Calling Republic Scabs on Guard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If RAH had "nothing" to do with the Midwest flying and ...."booo hoooo" they cannot legally do anything about it ... THEN

Why was there no displacements into Milwaukee? It seems that base filled just fine.

No they aren't scabs, but someone needs to come up with a name that encompasses the essence of "SJS" syndrome and the race to the bottom.

BTW, I think we all have been part of the problem. No relief on SCOPE.

How about "Free-fallers" or something?

Something about our free-fall to the bottom....or something.

Hey I'm not holding onto to the RAH thing. Just don't stand in the terminal and tell me that there is nothing can be done about it when I see people happily flying those routes.

Midwest was acquired for around $450 million and sold for what $30 million? It's been a dying place for a long time now. Frontier will soon be taken over by Southwest in Denver anyways.

You cannot run a successful airline based on employee costs alone anyways...

How about "B Scalers" Seems to fit. a major or national stops the flying and some one else picks it up in a nicer newer yet smaller plane ( not by much, IE DC-9, F-100) and flies the route at a "B Scale" pay.

It sucks....one of the stickler points in the failed TA at WN....Scope!

If RAH had "nothing" to do with the Midwest flying and ...."booo hoooo" they cannot legally do anything about it ... THEN

Why was there no displacements into Milwaukee? It seems that base filled just fine.

Well, I can't exactly speak to the Captain side of things, but I understand that MCI was staffed primarily by returning furloughed FOs. I don't think they could be reasonably expected to retire their numbers rather than returning to the line after several months biting and clawing for a job in the worst market since The Great Depression. Not without any legal means for refusing the work, anyway. By the time MKE got started, the MidEx labor group had already made it clear that they weren't going to give the RAH pilots a basis for refusal.

Last edited:
How about "B Scalers" Seems to fit. a major or national stops the flying and some one else picks it up in a nicer newer yet smaller plane ( not by much, IE DC-9, F-100) and flies the route at a "B Scale" pay.

It sucks....one of the stickler points in the failed TA at WN....Scope!

About C or D scale? It's a lot more like it.

Here's video photage of RAH management training its pilots to come after Frontier Pilots aggresively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZW_khrL2Cc

Ah'll bet thos redneks kin still spel bedder then yu. We're all in awe of your ability to fly an Airbus. Seriously, what kind of loser cruises Youtube for that "I'll-show-them-regional-idiots" Flightinfo post?

So what would happen if the rah pilots (and I use that term loosely) just went to management and said they will not fly any Miidwest routes? They can't all get fired, and this would send management a clear message. That pilots are not going to be whipsawed anymore. Flat out refuse to fly them!! But they are mostly 20 something punks over there, living the dream flying 70 seat aircraft for what used to be 35 seat pay 20 years ago. Adjusted for inflation of course. After all, they all think they are going to get their PIC and go to a major. News flash rah kids, if you keep flying bigger and bigger aircraft for less and less pay, not even keeping up with inflation, you won't have a major job to go to! As it stands now, only 30% of current regional pilots will have an opportunity at a major anyway due to more and more flights being done by the puke regionals. Why won't these kids understand?

Latest resources

Back