Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

Traumahawk

This is why this board is such a friggin joke. What hypocrites.

The TRUTH is REGIONAL JETS are cancer. And who were the first to bring that cancer to the US Airline Industry??

I can't tell you how happy Comair pilots used to be flying ex mainline routes for substandard compensation, while they paid for training. The E-120's were being parked and they didn't complain one bit. They didn't think anything was wrong with it. Growing like a weed and smiling the whole way up, all the while shutting down ANY flowback from DAL Mainline. That would stop their growth!! Arguments on this board used to be RJDC/mainline wars.

Fast forward to a 'payfreeze' after a big shiny 170 was parked on their ramp like a jungle gym they could all climb over. How long had ASA been trying to get a new contract?? Aren't they still working on it? Hmmm....

Not to mention, but a lot of the Comair punks calling everyone whores and cancer were busy being paid $8/hr as CFI's while the present pilots were out striking. They just showed up in time to vote for no furloughs and lots of 170's, of which they recieved exactly the opposite. Then they blame CHQ??
Oh I see, pinnacle and gojets and TSA aren't flying for Delta yet, and skywest had been mostly contained out west. So who's easiest to blame...

The Majors are finally starting to turn around and hire. And isn't it refreshing to see how opinions change when your number is called to CAL or DAL???
"Well I want to go, but Comair and Skywest and RP are now flying 70-90 seat airplanes for them, it's only a matter of time before regionals are doing everything domestic. And then I'll be on the street again!"

Woops. Who's the cancer now?

T-hawk

P.S. Unfortunately, If CHQ is a cancer, the way this industry is moving I'll never be healthier than I am today. And I think I speak for a lot of others here too. (and if you blame our contract, go back to sitting that ready reserve sequence you were junior manned into, I'll be here at home on my HARD day off.)

Last edited:

The TRUTH is REGIONAL JETS are cancer. And who were the first to bring that cancer to the US Airline Industry??

I can't tell you how happy Comair pilots used to be flying ex mainline routes for substandard compensation, while they paid for training. The E-120's were being parked and they didn't complain one bit. They didn't think anything was wrong with it. Growing like a weed and smiling the whole way up, all the while shutting down ANY flowback from DAL Mainline. That would stop their growth!! Arguments on this board used to be RJDC/mainline wars.

Fast forward to a 'payfreeze' after a big shiny 170 was parked on their ramp like a jungle gym they could all climb over. How long had ASA been trying to get a new contract?? Aren't they still working on it? Hmmm....

Not to mention, but a lot of the Comair punks calling everyone whores and cancer were busy being paid $8/hr as CFI's while the present pilots were out striking. They just showed up in time to vote for no furloughs and lots of 170's, of which they recieved exactly the opposite. Then they blame CHQ??
Oh I see, pinnacle and gojets and TSA aren't flying for Delta yet, and skywest had been mostly contained out west. So who's easiest to blame...

The Majors are finally starting to turn around and hire. And isn't it refreshing to see how opinions change when your number is called to CAL or DAL???
"Well I want to go, but Comair and Skywest and RP are now flying 70-90 seat airplanes for them, it's only a matter of time before regionals are doing everything domestic. And then I'll be on the street again!"

Woops. Who's the cancer now?

T-hawk

P.S. Unfortunately, If CHQ is a cancer, the way this industry is moving I'll never be healthier than I am today. And I think I speak for a lot of others here too. (and if you blame our contract, go back to sitting that ready reserve sequence you were junior manned into, I'll be here at home on my HARD day off.)

Your cancer is affecting you.

The TRUTH is REGIONAL JETS are cancer.

wow, this guy doesn't have a clue does he.

While the lower regionals like Mesa and Pinnacle aren't helping any, just as much to blame if not more are the LCC's that are forcing the legacies to become lean.

If your profit margin's are halved because of Southwest's $39 fares, jetblue's $29 intro fares, Airtran's free tickets for collecting wendy's cups, and Skybus'/Allegiant's/Spirit's first year captain pay of 65k, then of course you're going to have to contract more work out to the regioanls.

I don't like flying major's routes any more than you like seeing it, but the regional's aren't the main blame. It should cost at least $450 to go coast to coast, but instead it's half that right now. END OF STORY.

The TRUTH is REGIONAL JETS are cancer.

Very true, but the CMR pilots aren't to blame for that. They just flew the airplanes that the DAL pilots allowed to be outsourced. All of this really started when the EAL pilots first allowed the outsourcing of turboprops with the "Eastern Express" name on the side. It's all been down-hill from there. I don't really blame those pilots, because they didn't know what we can now see with 20/20 hindsight, but anyone who's given up scope in the past five years or so is a complete and utter moron. Scope is everything.

I do not believe the "cancer" is the rj. I think the real problem is almost 30 years old: Deregulation. However, I agree that attacking other small-lift providers is as hypocritical as George W. Bush accusing Americans of being "addicted to oil."

Why do you guys get your panties in a knot whenever someone does talk about your company nicely. WHO GIVES A SH1T! And has tex says, you need a beer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back