Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
more Janet shhtuff

More stuff on Janet.....
They fly shuttles several times a day back and forth from Vegas to Groom Lake as well as Tonopah I believe, operated by the contractor EG&G. As well as 737's they also use beech kingair's/1900's

Heres a website of transmitions and clips etc of the planes going in and out of Groom. Groom lake has a tower as well as approach/departure control that is used when needed.

When the aircraft are handed off from nellis to groom the call sign changes from Janet to just about anything, Bones, Maple, Racer being common, vise versa when they come back to nellis.
In a couple clips you can hear them land and notice that they aren't on the real-estate out there long, as they taxi in they pick up their departure clearance and head right back to Vegas.

Janet Info :
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/janet.html

Audio clips:
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/janet_audio.html

Best Regards--
T-hawk

Last edited:
I have heard several times, mostly in the north east I think, I have heard what seems to be SPEED BUMP. I'm not sure but that is what it sounds like. I thot it should be a good call sign for me - I was in a king air 200 constantly looking for "traffic at my 6 overtaking."
Cappy
PS I always liked Hop A Jet - from FXE

Fr8Dog said:
Night Cargo is Air Cargo Carriers. They are out of Milwaukee but have bases all over the US. They fly shorts 330's and 360's.

And Skyvans. At least they used to a bunch of years ago when I fueled them in PIT.

Joseph..

..Joseph is the Air Force's call sign for the C-21s (Gates Lear Jets) cargo and passenger airlift planes.

Wow..............a reserected thread from almost two years ago!!!!!!!

Who found this one?? Ok new callsign question............

who is reach???

Okay, I confess. I did a search for airline callsigns to help direct one of our friends on another thread who was looking for related info. I saw the Molokai tower dude comment by Freightdog and couldn't resist. Imagine Harry Caray (after the game) manning the tower....that's what the dude sounds like. Anyway, Reach is a common Air Force transport callsign.

Being a Life LOng Cubbies fan and native chicagoean I would have loved to hear Haray (or someone like him) doing play by play at any tower.

I can almost hear him at Midway (unfortunately a southside airport, White Sox territory, but an airport with good chicago character) "Amtran 123 cleared to land 31C.......ya know amtran spelled backwards is natrma.......what a good looking airliner.....boy knows how to grease em in........next up Southwest 321......ya know i cant decide...brown is good but blue is much brighter......Southwest spelled backward is......holy cow......what a bounce....go around...........this buds for you!!"

May he rest in peace!!

Latest resources

Back