• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

California jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Norcal is sportbike country! Tons and tons of fabulous roads here, plus Laguna Seca and Infineon Raceway close by for your track days. Don't forget about MotoGP in July! Traffic here can be bad, but not nearly as bad as Socal. We have our share of freeways and bridges, so you'll find lane splitting here is a necessity at times... scary, yes, but you just do it very carefully. When I'm not flying, I'm living it up on my FJR.

Sounds good! I'm getting tired of using bighorn sheep for my braking markers......it's really the boonies out here.

Commuting on the bike is the best

Unless you have TCAS on your crotch rocket I would not suggest it in the busy freeways of So Cal. Vehicular accidents in SoCal literally happen in every other corner. You can still ride, especially by the coast line or going out towards Vegas but I would not use it as a commuter. I have a CBR and an SV650 and I avoid SoCal traffic. NorCal is a bit more bike friendly with Lake Berryessa and Reno mountain runs to the North and Sea side rides to the West and South. Vroom vroom babeh.

I commute a couple of times a week by motorcycle. It is the ONLY way to travel in Los Angeles. Most of the time, the traffic is barely moving, so it's quite simple to split lanes safely. Los Angeles is the only place where people make a conscious effort to move over and give you space to pass on a bike. There are very few people that try to move over and cut you off intentionally.

The best part is FREE PARKING. At LAX short-term (in between the terminals), all motorcycles are given free parking. I thing it's $32 a day now for cage parking. At other airports where it's not officially condoned, you just ride around the swingarm.

Ouch and a half on the 3+52 commute......my new plan is trying to convince my husband that he'll love the motorcycle riding in CA because y'all have lane splitting and all those great canyon rides out there. But I don't think either of us has the chops to ride our crotch rockets in that kind of insane traffic!

Thats Really funny (not Really), I ran a marathon in 3.52 Last Year!!!

Ouch and a half on the 3+52 commute......my new plan is trying to convince my husband that he'll love the motorcycle riding in CA because y'all have lane splitting and all those great canyon rides out there. But I don't think either of us has the chops to ride our crotch rockets in that kind of insane traffic!

and it's a tough way to build rotor time in a back of a Lifeflight helicopter. ;)

Oooohh, RJ, I just love a man who can impress me. Unfortunately, that would not be you. Go brag on the runner's forum.

I believe you! What's the longest you've ever sat in traffic on the way to work at any of the local airports?

SMO to LGB - 4:56 hours

My $0.02

I have lived in SoCal pretty much all my life. I have moved to Alaska for 2 years and Colorado for 2 years, but other than that I am a socal guy.

I have a house here, bought it when the market was really low for $279k. This was 4 years ago. If you can find ANYTHING in the 300k range it is a rundown condo in "the hood."

As for me, I'm moving out of state. Too much traffic, too much smog, too many TV show's about "the socal lifestyle."

lol

Latest resources

Back