California jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stay away from big towns!

A couple of operators are at the Carlsbad-Palomar Airport. Housing is relatively cheap and gets cheaper as you go east towards Temeculah(airport is on the coast at the north end of San Diego county). Might be a good place to get your foot in the door as SNA, SMO,VNY,BUR and the San Diego airports are mostly within an hour drive (SMO, VNY and BUR are about 2 hours). Avianation.com has a listing by one Carlsbad operators about once a month!

RP

Ouch and a half on the 3+52 commute......my new plan is trying to convince my husband that he'll love the motorcycle riding in CA because y'all have lane splitting and all those great canyon rides out there. But I don't think either of us has the chops to ride our crotch rockets in that kind of insane traffic!

to cpnkrk--thanks, that sounds like an interesting possibility. I've been seeing quite a bit on the job boards about Carlsbad. Man, so sorry for your fire troubles out there! It burns here in Colorado, too, but, geez, not like that, usually. Hope you lads are okay and everybody else is rebuilding soon.

TCAS on your bike?

Ouch and a half on the 3+52 commute......my new plan is trying to convince my husband that he'll love the motorcycle riding in CA because y'all have lane splitting and all those great canyon rides out there. But I don't think either of us has the chops to ride our crotch rockets in that kind of insane traffic!

Unless you have TCAS on your crotch rocket I would not suggest it in the busy freeways of So Cal. Vehicular accidents in SoCal literally happen in every other corner. You can still ride, especially by the coast line or going out towards Vegas but I would not use it as a commuter. I have a CBR and an SV650 and I avoid SoCal traffic. NorCal is a bit more bike friendly with Lake Berryessa and Reno mountain runs to the North and Sea side rides to the West and South. Vroom vroom babeh.

NorCal sounds nice.....also, it would be great to live someplace where you can easily get to a trackday now and then. Yup, no major freeway stuff, I think. Scary enough for Halloween just in a rental car out there.

Check out www.xojet.com. We're based in Sacramento and will be hiring non-stop for the next few years. We're the company that just ordered 40 additional Citation 10s and 20 Challenger 300s (+60 options).

I live 15 minutes from the airport in a brand new house I just bought for under $400k. I know when to expect traffic on the freeways, and I know what parts of the freeway to avoid. Tahoe in under 2 hours (unless you try that on a Friday afternoon) and SF in 2 hours. Lake Berryessa is less than an hour away.

Sounds like a great company t-bone--I made application there about a month ago. Haven't heard anything, but I'll continue to have hope! Thanks for the info..

Check out www.xojet.com. We're based in Sacramento and will be hiring non-stop for the next few years. We're the company that just ordered 40 additional Citation 10s and 20 Challenger 300s (+60 options).

I live 15 minutes from the airport in a brand new house I just bought for under $400k. I know when to expect traffic on the freeways, and I know what parts of the freeway to avoid. Tahoe in under 2 hours (unless you try that on a Friday afternoon) and SF in 2 hours. Lake Berryessa is less than an hour away.

Does KR still fly there?

Latest resources

Back