Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL, uniform on ferry flights? Really????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So...My bag was stolen/misplaced from the A/C and I wind up flying a revenue leg w/pax in jeans and a button down shirt. No big deal. Kept the passengers and the CP's Office happy.

Likewise, I flew almost every ferry flight I ever flew in jeans/shorts/ etc. and instructed the crew to do the same, if they so chose to do so.

The real Dinks were the ones that showed up in full uniform, complete with hat, to fly a six hour leg, from a remote terminal, to the middle of nowhere, at night.

Klowns.

YKMKR

Last edited:
The real Dinks were the ones that showed up in full uniform, complete with hat, to fly a six hour leg, from a remote terminal, to the middle of nowhere, at night.

Klowns.

YKMKR

Have you ever jumpseated on FedEx or UPS? They do exactly that, every day.

You just called a whole segment of commercial aviation dinks, which I always thought meant "double income, no kids" but whatever...

SFR, there are a lot of unemployed pilots out there that would happily put on a white shirt with gold stripes to reposition planes for CAL. Good luck with your pity party.

Last edited:
Bling Bling on the thing....bling bling bling ga bling....

So...My bag was stolen/misplaced from the A/C and I wind up flying a revenue leg w/pax in jeans and a button down shirt. No big deal. Kept the passengers and the CPU's Office happy.

Likewise, I flew almost every ferry flight I ever flew in jeans/shorts/ etc. and instructed the crew to do the same, if they so chose to do so.

The real Dunks were the ones that showed up in full uniform, complete with hat, to fly a six hour leg, from a remote terminal, to the middle of nowhere, at night.

Clowns.

MGR

So, you are one of THOSE guys! All about bucking the system! They pay you good money to do what you are hired to do! Why can't you just get with the program. You are so damn lucky to even have a job!
It's guys like you that have degraded this profession down to nothing more than a bus driver. I have worked hard to get where I am in my career.
I wear my uniform to ground school and also to Sim
events. I wear my uniform on the line, why not wear it in training? Train like you fly,fly like you train.
Why am I even wasting my time (or everyone else's) on this post? I hope you show up on my jump seat one day. You ,no doubt, will be wearing slacks and a button down shirt. You better make a rental car reservation a$$wipe!

Last edited:
you're on of the reasons the term "gear beatch" was coined....cause all you do is "beatch" Get me some coffee , boy! have a seat in the back, cause you ain't much good up here. oh and STFU. checklist.

"Have you ever jumpseated on FedEx or UPS? They do exactly that, every day."

Yup, and I too wore my uniform every day ( and night ) I flew when I was a Freight Dog. The uniform was required. Silly I thought, but nevertheless, required.

However, ferry flights at my previous carrier were Captain's discretion as to uniform or not.

Only a weenie would show up wearing one when not required or necessary.

YKME

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back