Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL, uniform on ferry flights? Really????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just think that is a crazy policy.

Hey SFR, did CAL pay you for that ferry flight?

If so, they expect you to earn your pay by following the FOM, GOM or whatever they call it over there.

Here, I'll save you the trip to the CP office.

Here's the book, there's the plane, we'll deposit your pay to your account on payday. Any questions?

Good, don't screw up again. Now get outa here before I change my mind...

Hey SFR, did CAL pay you for that ferry flight?

If so, they expect you to earn your pay by following the FOM, GOM or whatever they call it over there.

Here, I'll save you the trip to the CP office.

Here's the book, there's the plane, we'll deposit your pay to your account on payday. Any questions?

Good, don't screw up again. Now get outa here before I change my mind...

No, I did it for free. And I picked it up out of strait open time...

Nothing like some self-incrimination on a public message board.

Depending on literal translation...

remember, be my mirror, my sword, my shield.... missionaries in a foreign field, 4 some reason I can't explain, I know the chief pilot won't call my name....

So, you guessed it, I have flown this month on reserve, but still not too much.

Anyways, I show up on Sunday to deadhead to AMA to pick up a freshly painted 757 and ferry it back. I wore comfy clothes, Banana Republic pants and a nice Hollister shirt, I kinda dressed like an off-duty gay NTA flight attendant.

The captain was in full uniform and when I met him at the B86 gate the first thing he said is "so where is your uniform man?". I said "uh, oh, I lost it at home, ha"

He says very seriously that "you gotta have your uniform on all flights..." I said, "ok, I can go home, no problem". He says "I don't think anyone will notice anyways"

NO kidding, ya think!! He said that a memo came out that said we have to wear it on ferry flights too. I told him that is the reason I did not know, I don't read the memos.

I can't believe that!! If I was a captain I would never wear the uniform for ferry ops. I can't believe how many pilots wear their uniform during the commute and jumpseating to work...WHY?? And guess what, I am still not going to wear it on my next ferry.

I think we at CAL should prioritize things. These memos are stupid, making a profit is smart. We should focus on profit and safe operation, not stupid things like uniforms on ferry flights and constant rate descents into London...

Feedback por favor.....

You know what... rant deleted. You're clearly bored and trying to ruffle feathers.

What's the matter? Nothing more interesting to do at home???

Last edited:
picking up open time while you have brothers on furlough? You sounded like a ****************************** before I read that, now its just confirmed. You must fit in well at CAL.

picking up open time while you have brothers on furlough? You sounded like a ****************************** before I read that, now its just confirmed. You must fit in well at CAL.

Did you notice a swooshing noise as something went flying over your head? That was sarcasm.

SFR did not pick that up out of open time unless he exercised his "reserve pickup" function to do some flying on his reserve days. I know him and was also on reserve on the day he did the reposition flight. Let's not get out of hand here.

Latest resources

Back