CAL/UAL merger statistics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ's suck

Found this CAL/UAL merger info on another website.
Although I don't know how much of it is factual, it's pretty interesting reading none the less.

Sorry, I meant "possible" merger between CAL/UAL.

Last edited:
Interesting comparison. The one thing that's changed is that Continental now has a larger market cap, effectively putting us in the driver's seat if this merger goes down.

Spoken like a true USAir Eastie.

Spoken like a true ass.

I actually want to see a fair integration of our two seniority lists if this poop sandwich goes down. I want our management in the driver's seat because your airline's "leadership" couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack.

Thanks for the random insult, though.

A fair integration of the AWA/AAA seniority list already occured.

OK, I know USAPA will impose DOH, because thats just the way it is supposed to be.

You all knew DOH was not part of ALPA meger policy, so why did you legally agree to the process?

Last edited:
Spoken like a true ass.

I actually want to see a fair integration of our two seniority lists if this poop sandwich goes down. I want our management in the driver's seat because your airline's "leadership" couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack.

Thanks for the random insult, though.

Based on your previous comments you seem to careless about fairness and use Market Cap as a sole determiner of who should be more senior. I have no dog in this fight but based on UAL performance and dark future I would put CAL way above you guys in most aspects.

How about we go back to the good old ways of the US of A...

Capitalism.

If an airline can not be run to the point of sustainability... it goes out of business.

After that, there is an acquisition of assets. Whoever wants to buy the piece, so be it.

Look, I'm all for helping out fellow Union Brothers and Sisters. But there also comes a time where you have to realize that people need to play the hand that they are dealt.

If the CAL/UAL merger were to happen, and the CAL work rules were applied, there will be furloughs. I'm out on the street. While a UAL pilot still has his job. How is that fair when my company was holding it's head above water while the competition was drowning before the merger?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back