• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL merger statistics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You seem unable to grasp the impact CAL of being frozen out of SkyTeam. Ask your senior management how it will impact future growth. CAL may have 6 options, but only 2 are workable. Join One World or join Star Alliance.
The cost of entry to both alliances will be for CAL to merge.
quote]

Obviously the point of sharing flights between airlines is to spread their reach. A merger is not required. If there is enough money to be made, CAL will be allowed into the venture.

As far as hubs are concerned, GUA is not a hub or base for CAL or United.

NWA and Delta have not merged. It is a proposed merger and nothing more at this point.

As far as hubs are concerned, GUA is not a hub or base for CAL or United.

NWA and Delta have not merged. It is a proposed merger and nothing more at this point.

My bad - GUM. I had also originally put down HOU, but that's Hobby, not Intercontinental (IAH).

You think that NWA and Delta won't be approved? Why?

Ok, were's splitting hairs, I get it. GUA GUM. Cause I was pretty sure you were based out there. I'm pickin up what chu throwin down!

I'd just like to add that there's some serious bad juju happening in the long bond market right now. If the yields keep climbing like they have recently, we may very well be done with mergers in this cycle - that's because investment capital is going to become nonexistant. So all of this may be moot if airlines can't find any additional capital for mergers.

The upshot of this for the consumer is that 30 year fixed rates for mortgages are going to continue to rise. And that's not going to be good for the airline industry.

CAL Continental Air profiled in Inside Wall Street section of Business Week (17.68 )

Business Week reports now that Northwest and Delta airlines have agreed to merge, expect more deals to take off. "In 30 days it is likely Continental Airlines (CAL) will either acquire or merge with UAL (UAUA)," says Vincent Carrino, president of sBrookhaven Capital Management, which has accumulated shares of both. The surging price of oil has wreaked havoc on the airlines' earnings and sunk their stock. Carrino says the big impetus for consolidation is to let the airlines slash capacity (number of flights and seats) by 10% and boost fares to cope with the rising price of oil, which hit $119 a barrel on Apr. 22. Carrino predicts UAL will be the surviving company, with Continental's management taking charge. Both airlines have a solid foothold overseas, especially in Asia,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back