• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL traffic falling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BS.....CAL is in contract negotiations, they want as much doom and gloom news out there as possible.

Barrel of oil is between $35 and $45 each. BS....they ain't losin money. Wait till the 1Q earnings statements come out before 'THE SKY IS FALLING' screams start happening.

CAL is going to make a profit this year....so will most airlines, as long as oil stays reasonable.

My buddy STILL says all furloughs will be back before summer.....they won't get through it without them.

I don't think recalls are likely until next year. Things are continuing to get worse, and as far as the rest of the world goes, it is farther behind in the economic cycle then the US. This mean international traffic will continue to fall well into the end of 2009. Since CAL derives more than 50% of their revenue from international that will affect them greatly.

BS.....CAL is in contract negotiations, they want as much doom and gloom news out there as possible.

Barrel of oil is between $35 and $45 each. BS....they ain't losin money. Wait till the 1Q earnings statements come out before 'THE SKY IS FALLING' screams start happening.

CAL is going to make a profit this year....so will most airlines, as long as oil stays reasonable.

My buddy STILL says all furloughs will be back before summer.....they won't get through it without them.

There is NO WAY the furloughees will be back before summer. I think the best case scenario would be recall in Oct/Nov. Not before.

November will be 2 years since age 65 happened....those who were supposed to retire at 60 will have supposedly made it to 62 and supplimented their retirement.

Wonder how that is going?

There is NO WAY the furloughees will be back before summer. I think the best case scenario would be recall in Oct/Nov. Not before.

It could be possible for some of the furloughs to be recalled before the next bid if the FAA holds true to their new rest requirements for ULH. Granted that mgmt could simply increase LV and eliminate LTVRF but with sporadic staffinf problems we had in FEB, even that may not be enough to offset. Then again, we could always rely on the scab wanna-a-be captains that will fly as FO's for JM pay.:uzi:

Latest resources

Back