• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL to furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We would have made 129 million net 1Q if it wasn't for the LHR slots we purchased.

uhhh...So you're saying that CAL included the entire purchase price of the slots in one Q? you sure about that?

Copied right out of CAL's 10K.

Heathrow Airport. During 2007, we acquired summer slots at London's Heathrow Airport for $116 million and reached agreements to acquire winter slots. We expect to pay $93 million for the winter slots in the second quarter of 2008. We are also seeking additional slots.

It doesn't look like any slots were purchased during Q1 of 2008.

I am in training at CAL right now.

Every time I get a V1 cut and crash the sim off the jacks, my instructor says,"F*#K!" and then he has to "throw around" numbers like V2 and V2+15 because I am too hungover to remember what to do next if I can ever get the plane under control when he fails one.

So, yeah lots of "F" words and numbers being thrown around where I am coming from.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Stop it!:bawling:

I just had flash backs from my recent training.......

Eventually they will get tired of resetting everything and pass you.

If I could do it I'm sure you will do fine too.

Rumor from the CAL training department - CAL will furlough 4900 pilots and keep 100 to fly the 100 additional F-22's CAL is joint purchasing with the DOD (per our next president McCain's request).

The RASM will go way down, but the speed between desitnations will go through the roof.

NOTE 11 - INVESTMENT IN OTHER COMPANIES

Copa. At March 31, 2008, we held 4.4 million shares of Copa Holdings, S.A. ("Copa") Class A common stock
with a carrying value of $67 million and a market value of $167 million, although there are contractual limitations on our
ability to dispose of this asset. This investment represents an approximate 10% interest in Copa, the parent company of
Copa Airlines of Panama and Aero Republica of Colombia. The carrying amount of our investment exceeds the amount
of underlying equity in Copa's net assets by $8 million. This difference is treated as goodwill and is not amortized

It's reported. Look it up

Copied right out of CAL's 10K.

Heathrow Airport. During 2007, we acquired summer slots at London's Heathrow Airport for $116 million and reached agreements to acquire winter slots. We expect to pay $93 million for the winter slots in the second quarter of 2008. We are also seeking additional slots.

It doesn't look like any slots were purchased during Q1 of 2008.

I stand corrected! Thanks for keeping me honest.

Rumor from the CAL training department - CAL will furlough 4900 pilots and keep 100 to fly the 100 additional F-22's CAL is joint purchasing with the DOD (per our next president McCain's request).

The RASM will go way down, but the speed between desitnations will go through the roof.

Oh no.....SCAB fighter pilots!

I love training department rumors. Almost as accurate as check-airman-jumpseater-who-talked-to-Smisek-at-Burger-King rumors.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back