Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taxicabdriver

disgruntled employee
200-500, from T.F. in the training department. Any of the F word or numbers being thrown around at any other carriers?

T.F.? The ex-policeman? Captain Buzzcut?

Because if that's who you're talking about...he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Anything can and will change by the time the July bid is staffed. Per the GUM pilot meeting last night, there is the possibility of furloughs but CP and DO stressed repeatedly that it is all subject to change. With COLAs and a possible early retirement buyout, even furloughs may not be in the cards.

With that being said, there is nothing to fear from a furlough. It is inconvenient but there are other jobs out there. They will probably be a pay raise too.

T.F. sounds like a good management guy spreading fear during Section 6.

Yawn! Yes the shroud of doom and gloom has descended. The training department guys are hearing things! :eek:

Why stop at 500! Tell them the one about 800 furloughs that some scabby capt told me last week!

2Any of the F word or numbers being thrown around at any other carriers?

I am in training at CAL right now.

Every time I get a V1 cut and crash the sim off the jacks, my instructor says,"F*#K!" and then he has to "throw around" numbers like V2 and V2+15 because I am too hungover to remember what to do next if I can ever get the plane under control when he fails one.

So, yeah lots of "F" words and numbers being thrown around where I am coming from.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Another unsubstantiated furlough rumor is that within the last 2 weeks there was a high level management meeting and the decision was not to furlough. With PBS running us at a near critical staffing levels, the furlough number would be too small to make any significant cost difference to management to bother with.........in my opinion.

No disrespect meant at all, but you folks spreading rumors are playing right into management's hands.

They want you scared, uncertain and convinced that we are being hurt by bad ole' oil.

Here are some facts:

We would have made 129 million net 1Q if it wasn't for the LHR slots we purchased.

We are having COPA accelerate the repayment of 49M in stock. Not a penny of that will be reported on the P&E statement. Pure cash.

We will parcel out 600 million to the city of Houston over the next several quarters to pay for the boondoggle in terminal B.

"Oh no! Look at all the money we're losing!"

"Gosh, we'd better not ask for too much from the company right now!"

If you look at the delivery schedule, compare that with the worst case AC retirement scenario and factor in COLA's plus the cascade of decreasing GATT rate retirements likely to occur this fall, and we may not lose a single body.

Get off flightinfo, get to the next P2P class in your base and write your reps that the NC shouldn't dictate crap to the MEC concerning our openers. Tell them your expectations are high and if you are disappointed with the TA's to come, you will remove them from office. Remind them they work for you.

Make sure that if you aren't working on June 11th, you'll be in Houston with your brothers and sisters sending a message to the company, the public and most importantly, your peers.

Or you can spread rumors here on FI. CAL to furlough? PoconoPilot thinks so.:puke:

Join that parade if you wish.

No disrespect meant at all, but you folks spreading rumors are playing right into management's hands.

They want you scared, uncertain and convinced that we are being hurt by bad ole' oil.

Here are some facts:

We would have made 129 million net 1Q if it wasn't for the LHR slots we purchased.

We are having COPA accelerate the repayment of 49M in stock. Not a penny of that will be reported on the P&E statement. Pure cash.

We will parcel out 600 million to the city of Houston over the next several quarters to pay for the boondoggle in terminal B.

"Oh no! Look at all the money we're losing!"

"Gosh, we'd better not ask for too much from the company right now!"

If you look at the delivery schedule, compare that with the worst case AC retirement scenario and factor in COLA's plus the cascade of decreasing GATT rate retirements likely to occur this fall, and we may not lose a single body.

Get off flightinfo, get to the next P2P class in your base and write your reps that the NC shouldn't dictate crap to the MEC concerning our openers. Tell them your expectations are high and if you are disappointed with the TA's to come, you will remove them from office. Remind them they work for you.

Make sure that if you aren't working on June 11th, you'll be in Houston with your brothers and sisters sending a message to the company, the public and most importantly, your peers.

Or you can spread rumors here on FI. CAL to furlough? PoconoPilot thinks so.:puke:

Join that parade if you wish.

Post of the year

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back