• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL&temp insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The short health isurance rates tend to be very high with very poor coverage.

Just apply for long term helth insurance policy. Most of long term policies allow you to cancel at any time with no fines, amd lower monthly payments. They also have alot better benefits. The best deal that we could find was with Blue Cross Blue Shield.

MECH said:
The short health isurance rates tend to be very high with very poor coverage.

Just apply for long term helth insurance policy. Most of long term policies allow you to cancel at any time with no fines, amd lower monthly payments. They also have alot better benefits. The best deal that we could find was with Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Dangerkitty said:
. If you are telling him that he needs an individual policy and to not take the CAL plan then you are encouraging everyone to not use their employee sponsered health care plan.

I don’t think I did.

I’ll quote myself:

Snoopy Mendoza said:
Go with the hassle of securing coverage that will take you to Medicare eligibility and then when you are covered by CAL drop it.

Dangerkitty said:
It is however more expensive if you are only going to use the insurance for a few months.

That is a big if. A lot can happen in 6 months. I have a Life license not a crystal ball.

It is a lot more expensive to take a Temp plan for 6 months and then for a number of different reasons lose a job or class date after developing a dreaded disease whose treatment may last years.

The conservative approach would enroll in a sickness and accident program doesn’t have a limited lifespan.

Dangerkitty said:
I have a very very very hard time believing that you EOM coverage mandates that you do not sell temporary health insurance. I have never heard of that stipulation.

I didn’t say EOM mandates such and such. You are reading into my words, again. I said: I don’t as professional practice.

IMO, offering or buying a non-renewable health insurance program as if you know what the future will be is dangerous when renewable health plans are available.

Apparently, others disagree.
Good Luck...:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back