CAL System bid out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pianoman

No recalls, shifting a few pilots from EWR to CLE for the HNL stuff on the 737. Summer is going to be great.

Hey brother!

I had heard that TPA and LAX might open up on this bid as domiciles. Did that happen? Sucks for our buds on furlough though.

To show you how our summer is going to go Crew Planning has postponed my conversion up to JFK ER. They need me too much in ATL so they can fly my butt off.

No other bases opened up.

Basically 2 systemwide reductions on the 737 and 2 vacancies on the 777.

Most interesting thing I saw was that they are only forcasting 7 retirements by May/June of 2010. I've been getting the vibe the number may be larger than that come November or December of this year and subsequent. I dunno.

Talked to an instructor today at the airport and he said they're expecting in excess of 300 pilots to retire this year around November---December.

Why do you think that the retirements are not reflected in the bid? The bid is supposed to reflect staffing 1 yr. from now.

The training department has been reducing staffing so I wonder what the inst.'s source is.

Talked to an instructor today at the airport and he said they're expecting in excess of 300 pilots to retire this year around November---December.

hope thats true, and did he mean they would put in their paperwork around November/December??? This bid was nothing more than transfer of crew to CLE, thats all. I don't think it tells us one thing about future plans/vacancies/recalls/anything at all.

Yeah, I've heard numbers rumored between 150-300 pilots but like all things in this industry, and especially at CAL, I'll believe it only when I actually see it.

Why do you think that the retirements are not reflected in the bid? The bid is supposed to reflect staffing 1 yr. from now.

The training department has been reducing staffing so I wonder what the inst.'s source is.

This isn't the real bid, only a CLE vacancy bid. Expect the real system bid to come out within the next 3-4 months.

CAL is getting mucho airplanes between now and 2010 and Mr. Kellner said that by April 2010 CAL will be back to where they started in terms of fleet size.

This isn't the real bid, only a CLE vacancy bid. Expect the real system bid to come out within the next 3-4 months.

CAL is getting mucho airplanes between now and 2010 and Mr. Kellner said that by April 2010 CAL will be back to where they started in terms of fleet size.

I agree with the bid comment!!!

I sure hope that is the truth about fleet size, it would be nice to get our 147 back!!!!

Yogi

Latest resources

Back