• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

CAL System bid out.

pianoman

Total Time
No recalls, shifting a few pilots from EWR to CLE for the HNL stuff on the 737. Summer is going to be great.

Capt. Caucasian

WAR EAGLE!
Total Time
lots
Hey brother!

I had heard that TPA and LAX might open up on this bid as domiciles. Did that happen? Sucks for our buds on furlough though.

To show you how our summer is going to go Crew Planning has postponed my conversion up to JFK ER. They need me too much in ATL so they can fly my butt off.

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Total Time
Doing?
No other bases opened up.

Basically 2 systemwide reductions on the 737 and 2 vacancies on the 777.

Most interesting thing I saw was that they are only forcasting 7 retirements by May/June of 2010. I've been getting the vibe the number may be larger than that come November or December of this year and subsequent. I dunno.

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
Talked to an instructor today at the airport and he said they're expecting in excess of 300 pilots to retire this year around November---December.

Jomama

Fly for free?...not me!
Total Time
many
Why do you think that the retirements are not reflected in the bid? The bid is supposed to reflect staffing 1 yr. from now.

The training department has been reducing staffing so I wonder what the inst.'s source is.

skywdriver

Total Time
Talked to an instructor today at the airport and he said they're expecting in excess of 300 pilots to retire this year around November---December.

hope thats true, and did he mean they would put in their paperwork around November/December??? This bid was nothing more than transfer of crew to CLE, thats all. I don't think it tells us one thing about future plans/vacancies/recalls/anything at all.

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Total Time
Doing?

Yeah, I've heard numbers rumored between 150-300 pilots but like all things in this industry, and especially at CAL, I'll believe it only when I actually see it.

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
Why do you think that the retirements are not reflected in the bid? The bid is supposed to reflect staffing 1 yr. from now.

The training department has been reducing staffing so I wonder what the inst.'s source is.

This isn't the real bid, only a CLE vacancy bid. Expect the real system bid to come out within the next 3-4 months.

CAL is getting mucho airplanes between now and 2010 and Mr. Kellner said that by April 2010 CAL will be back to where they started in terms of fleet size.

DontFeedTheBear

Total Time
7000+
This isn't the real bid, only a CLE vacancy bid. Expect the real system bid to come out within the next 3-4 months.

CAL is getting mucho airplanes between now and 2010 and Mr. Kellner said that by April 2010 CAL will be back to where they started in terms of fleet size.

I agree with the bid comment!!!

I sure hope that is the truth about fleet size, it would be nice to get our 147 back!!!!

Yogi

tie1on

Total Time
the senior pukes will not leave until they half to. it sucks, they screwed the pilots in 83-85 then again inn pos 02. why would they want to leave. they have one last opportunity to screw everyone now