• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal sna-hnl?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"With more destinations in the Pacific than any U.S. carrier, we are pleased to offer our customers additional travel options to Hawaii," said Jim Compton, Continental's executive vice president of marketing. "The flights will provide increased convenience to travelers and will complement routes provided by future Star Alliance partners."

UAL flight #49 LAX to OGG departs at 16:52 arrives at 19:35
CAL new flight LAX to OGG departs at 17:O5 arrives at 19:45

Complement right.......

So you must believe one of two things. That the information and price sharing of the ATI will strictly only be used in the Atlantic and your leadership will "do the right thing". Or you believe that code sharing is just some fancy smoke in the mirrors marketing scheme.

Either way, you take at face value what ever your management tells you. Do you really not have any problems with code sharing to lower paying jobs? Outsourcing to an alliance partner is no different then out sourcing to a feeder airline.

Maybe "UAL has excess widebody capacity" should take some of those extra widebodys and fly IAH and EWR to NRT. It's no bid deal, they just competing with CAL and they will both keep flying these routes........

Good luck to the CAL MEC they may be the only ones wanting to protect all scope.

Scope is what it is. You and many others here continue to bash CAL and when we have an opportunity to move in a positive direction, you can't stand it. I don't want to see ANYONE at UAL or any other airline lose a job but in an industry that is rife with over capacity, but I want CAL to suceed. Do me a favor and try not to piss on your own feet as you are trying to piss in my pot.

CAL sucks... I hope we merger with UAL, we need the UAL pilots... They would never allow us to sign a contract like Contract 02... + they would never allow any joe blow managers to fly at a higher pass travel level then them...
At CAL, any new hire management level position employee "a new college grad accountant" travels before any 30 year 777 CA at CAL.

CAL sucks... I hope we merger with UAL, we need the UAL pilots... They would never allow us to sign a contract like Contract 02... + they would never allow any joe blow managers to fly at a higher pass travel level then them...
At CAL, any new hire management level position employee "a new college grad accountant" travels before any 30 year 777 CA at CAL.

Are you willing to give up scope for this? In order to get something, you have to give up something.

Are you willing to give up scope for this? In order to get something, you have to give up something.

Nice try dude. Ask mgt how the scope negotiations when a year ago when the furloughs were leveraged? No scope relief and no JV's at CAL my friend. You XJT guys have been begging for scope relief for years now and I've read all those threads on XJTpilots but none of it has come to fruition. There have been several attempts at scope relief at CAL in the last couple of years. Not a single word in the contract regarding scope has seen relief.

That ship has sailed.......

Cannot think of one time when XJT ever asked for scope relief, Pilots or MGMT. Only spent 9 yrs there though and things may have changed after I left.

Cannot think of one time when XJT ever asked for scope relief, Pilots or MGMT. Only spent 9 yrs there though and things may have changed after I left.
Its because most XJT guys know that if we cave on Scope Republic and Skywest will get the flying and the 50 seater dies a slow death at XJT. Most XJT guys I know do not want CAL to cave on Scope.

You are absolutely correct. XJT has never in any official capacity asked for relief of the CAL scope clause. XJT ALPA has also never requested a change to CAL scope.

I'm referring instead to posts on various internet forums and personal discussions that I've had in XJT cockpits. It's understandable for the XJT pilots to wish for something that may improve their pay and QOL (short term). I don't fault them at all for that. When I was there I often discussed those possibilities with others. I think the average XJT pilot is extremely well versed in the pros and cons of continued Regional growth. Nonetheless, if I were making my bed long term at XJT (insert any regional) you can bet that I'd like to see larger frames coming my way.

Latest resources

Back