• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My thought is that we probably already have an agreement with Continental for this exact scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a CAL 170 already painted in hiding somewhere right now. It (the agreement) was probably in place a long time ago (why would we take a short lease on CRJ's?).

So who's paying for this mysterious E170?

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Bumping this thread with a recent post from the RAH pilot board...

DON'T SELL YOUR SCOPE!

HOLY CRAPP! You CAL guys need to stand firm on this and not allow this short sited pilots get what the want. IF CHQ gets 170s for CAL it will come at the expense of the QOL for CAL pilots and reduce the chance of career progression at the major level for everyone. But the CHQ "mainline" guys can upgrade quicker for regional wages. WTF :cool: :eek: :puke:

You give up on scope and expect LOTS of these running around replacing the 737-300/500's

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Shuttle_America/Embraer_ERJ-170-100SE_170SE/1165382/large/

look the above picture is even flying into Houston already. Dont let it happen!!

Last edited:
Never relax scope, ever. period. Why choose to give away your jobs. Risk everything to maintain scope. It is THE most important part of any contract. Don't give your job away.

Never relax scope, ever. period. Why choose to give away your jobs. Risk everything to maintain scope. It is THE most important part of any contract. Don't give your job away.

Bingo !!!

Thank God we now out number the scabs!

You give up on scope and expect LOTS of these running around replacing the 737-300/500's

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Shuttle_America/Embraer_ERJ-170-100SE_170SE/1165382/large/

look the above picture is even flying into Houston already. Dont let it happen!!

You hit the nail right on the head. Why would CAL buy newer 100 seat aircraft if they could have someone else take the risk of operation. I will be willing to strike my job out existance if needs be to keep scope. That is protection for us at CAL and the future of you regional guys that one day want to move up to a 100 seater at mainline not a regional.

In our latest Crew News from the negotiating committee a stronger Scope Clause was mentioned as one of the negotiating goals of Contract 08. I think this pilot group has spoken and has been heard on the Scope issue.

I will accept lower pay before I accept the relief of scope. Better yet I wont accept either.

Bingo !!!

Thank God we now out number the scabs!

We did before pos02. What is your reason for that sorry excuse for a contract?

Attitudes like your only divide the pilot group. Maybe you ought to go back to AA where they showed their true colors for their union counterparts.

With everything that has occurred within ALPA, I see now why the scabs feel about ALPA the way they do. Not that I would cross any picket line but their perception of ALPA is fairly accurate.

Last edited:
We did before pos02. What is your reason for that sorry excuse for a contract?

Attitudes like your only divide the pilot group. Maybe you ought to go back to AA where they showed their true colors for their union counterparts.

With everything that has occurred within ALPA, I see now why the scabs feel about ALPA the way they do. Not that I would cross any picket line but their perception of ALPA is fairly accurate.

I agree that we shouldn't divide the pilot group, but not all of the scabs crossed because of their views of ALPA. Also, their actions didn't hurt ALPA, it hurt their coworkers. Jmho.

I agree that we shouldn't divide the pilot group, but not all of the scabs crossed because of their views of ALPA. Also, their actions didn't hurt ALPA, it hurt their coworkers. Jmho.

I agree with you.

Latest resources

Back