Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL SCOPE meaningless if not able to defend it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think it would go all the way to a strike. I honestly believe UNICAL will be able to achieve a decent and respectable contract. It is in managements favor to have the JCBA hashed out as soon as possible, ready for the next upswing in the economy.

It might actually be foolish to strike with so many "have nots" willing to fly airbuses at $35 (FO) - $65 (CA) with likes of Skybus airlines, especially if the regional lifers see their QOL being destroyed by a new UNICAL contract.

I don't think it would go all the way to a strike. I honestly believe UNICAL will be able to achieve a decent and respectable contract. It is in managements favor to have the JCBA hashed out as soon as possible, ready for the next upswing in the economy.

It might actually be foolish to strike with so many "have nots" willing to fly airbuses at $35 (FO) - $65 (CA) with likes of Skybus airlines, especially if the regional lifers see their QOL being destroyed by a new UNICAL contract.

There's always some less qualified jackwad willing to do the job for less. Suedo scabs if you will. Managment's wet dream puppets. Some believe they just aren't worth as much.

Nice to see some CAL pilots talking tough but we will see when push comes to shove.

It has been my recent experience CAL pilots do anything but talk tough. Usually they play the devils advocate and end the conversation taking managements position.

CAL ALPA does not talk tough. Jay Pierce does not inspire and the Magenta Line has lost all its color.

Nice to see some CAL pilots talking tough but we will see when push comes to shove.

It has been my recent experience CAL pilots do anything but talk tough. Usually they play the devils advocate and end the conversation taking managements position.

CAL ALPA does not talk tough. Jay Pierce does not inspire and the Magenta Line has lost all its color.

Which is why we should decertify ALPA and go in house.

You have got to wonder what UAL ALPA and CAL ALPA are doing?

The ORD rally is today and that is great. The EWR/IAH rally was great as well.

But why are the MEC chairman both Wendy and Jay's communications so lacking in fire? Where is the rage? Where is the anger?

CAL has a two year expired contract and it is my understand the EWR Captain Rep. doesn't care how long it takes to get a contract.

MEC leadership is where the buck stops and it is just not producing results.

Last edited:
For the people that want a new union, what exactly will that do? The people that are in the leadership positions in UAL alpa and CAL alpa will just turn around and run for leadership in this new union. If the same people are in charge but under a different name how is that going to change anything?

Latest resources

Back