• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL rumors......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was in ground school the other day. Chief pilot came in and I asked about recalls. He said a bid is coming out shortly and it will be flat, no recalls. We will be doing Sao Paulo daily out of IAH along with a daily Rio starting in June. Frankfurt starts in November, LAX-Hnl switches to a 737-800 flown by the Cleveland base starting in August. Iah-Hnl goes back to just one flight a day starting early summer. ATA first 757-300 comes on line Oct. 2009 the rest in Feb. and March 2010. 2.7 Billion dollars in the bank. All 737-300s gone by end of the year. We are keeping a few more 737-500s than planned. That's about it.

A flat bid does not mean there will be no recalls. Lump sums have never been higher with the low rates right now. We will see.........

I thought contract system bids were March and August. Why run a middle-of-nowhere bid when there are no recalls? That makes no sense.

System bid has to come out as per our contract.

Ya, but it's May? Why come out with one now, when they're only obligated to 2 bids per year? I'm smelling BS or it's a tatics 101 for our contract. Right now, rumors are spreading that we're going to have a summer from hell again and how stupid management is and why we furloughed for nothing. If management brings out a bid with reductions or a flat bid that shows proper staffing.......and by their MONKEY MATH I'm sure......then they prove that they're properly staffed. It's all about limiting the expectations of this pilot group. Bring them up, bash them down, bring them up....spread rumors by the CPO...then bash them down. It breaks resolve and limits our unity. Right now, everyone is biting at anything brought their way like a pack of ravinous dogs. Just my opinion.

we're going to have a summer from hell again and how stupid management is and why we furloughed for nothing
Since they just put out a voluntary reduction in flying offer for up to 11 more days off in June for almost every base and every position, I don't think they perceive they're understaffed for the summer. Maybe they're trying to walk the line between saving some money by pilots not flying, and staffing adequately. Problem is they may show a savings on paper with the summer VRF but then JM and CA VJM to right seat probably eats up a lot of that savings.

I think they are issuing the bid because they have to displace pilots to CLE to cover the LAX - HNL and OGG flights on the 737.

Latest resources

Back