• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL RFP's 70 Seaters (turboprops)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and your malfunctioning elevator trim! Drink one for our departed friends who paid the price for your mistakes.

Tragic mx mistake but could it not have been prevented by a simple trim test?

Bravo Lima,
First of all I am not a Colgan cheerleader by any means, and "deserving" a contract has nothing to do with running a business or managing an airline. I don't think that I was any more or less annoyed with Colgan work rules or the lack thereof than anyone else. I left for reasons other than "b****ing" about Colgan every frickin day in IAD. Again, I am royally pissed at your taking my original post out of context as some kind of an attack on RJ airlines becase I have some personal axe to grind. I most certainly don't and what I said is true.
Given the circumstances that you left, I find it amazing that you can call me a Hypocrite (Don't they teach you to spell at VT? or did you hang out with another top-performer JP too much in Hannover? Yes, I know exactly who your sorry-ass is...) You are no less arogant on-line than you were in person. I was a straight-shooter with you and you screwed me on the way out the door...Worrying more about your sorry paycheck than having the integrity to give a two-week notice...You are a LOW-LIFE Coward in every sense of the word...You best hope I don't see you walking a terminal. Because I guarantee I'll knock you on your A**.

bender said:
Tragic mx mistake but could it not have been prevented by a simple trim test?

Engage brain before opening mouth. You have no idea what you're talking about, STFU.

Cape Air
I would think Cape Air is especially well suited to bid and receive the Newark flying. I think there was always the intent to start flying the ATRs in Guam for CO and then add service back here.

A while back I had heard they were approached by CO for Newark TP flying but hadn't heard anything in the past year.
I heard that we are thinking about it using new ATR 72, starting in three years. There is also a rumor that we are going to shut down Rota, and bring one of the Guam ATRs state-side. However, we need to start working on a 121 domestic certificate if we are going to do any ATR flying here.

pinoyatc said:
I heard that we are thinking about it using new ATR 72, starting in three years. There is also a rumor that we are going to shut down Rota, and bring one of the Guam ATRs state-side. However, we need to start working on a 121 domestic certificate if we are going to do any ATR flying here.

I wouldn't put much stock in the Rota rumor, unless you heard it straight from LG or DW. Continental is not going to abandon that market and they're not going to put a 737 into there.

Looks like I was wrong. It's official, Cape Air to drop service to Rota in October.

doesn't EWR have some rule that prohibits any new turbo-prop flying?

eh, if they do, i'm sure it'll change with oil prices.

Icelandair said:
Depends where you sit. If you sit right next to the engines they are quite loud, but if you sit in the back row they are surprisingly quiet.

You can say that about any airplane.

Latest resources

Back