Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wms

billSquared
Once you have an internal rec at CAL, is it good enough just to keep your app updated, or should you have your sponsor recommend you again periodically?

You need someone walk your stuff in to the CP's or Fleet Managers office. If they like what they see they will put you on the short list. There is no gurantee, but thus far that is the only way that you are going to get an interview.

You need someone walk your stuff in to the CP's or Fleet Managers office. If they like what they see they will put you on the short list. There is no gurantee, but thus far that is the only way that you are going to get an interview.

I have all that and was put on the short list. I'm just wondering if there's a time limit to the rec or should it be done again since some of my qualificatons have changed. Or is just updating the app good enough?

Last edited:
Once you have an internal rec at CAL, is it good enough just to keep your app updated, or should you have your sponsor recommend you again periodically?

My sponsor got me on the short list several months ago. I kept my app. updated monthly. A couple of weeks ago, my sponsor went to the CP's office to check up on me. I received a call yesterday for an interview. Him making a second trip definitely helped.

If your asking whether your sponsor should fill out the on-line rec. again, I think once is enough. Better, if he visits the CP's office for you

rk772,

Congrats on getting the call! Just curious, how many internal recs do you have and what are their positions?

Thanks,

Dilligaff

rk772,

Congrats on getting the call! Just curious, how many internal recs do you have and what are their positions?

Thanks,

Dilligaff

1 737 FO He's been with CAL about 8 years

I've known him about 14 years and have also flown with him quite a bit.

Last edited:
My sponsor got me on the short list several months ago. I kept my app. updated monthly. A couple of weeks ago, my sponsor went to the CP's office to check up on me. I received a call yesterday for an interview. Him making a second trip definitely helped.

If your asking whether your sponsor should fill out the on-line rec. again, I think once is enough. Better, if he visits the CP's office for you

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

This has probably been addressed before, but what do you need to bring to the interview as far as driver's record, credit reports, training records, etc?

They will tell you everything you need to bring to the interview in the email that is sent to you. You will be called by C. and she will send 3 emails with the details needed for the interview.

Also, make sure that you filled out your online app accurately. I screwed mine up and didn't realize it until my sponsor had it pulled up was told that I wasn't qualified because I didn't have an atp even though I have a few type ratings.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back