Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyingFish13 said:
JetMonkey said:
How do the preferential interviews work for the ExpressJet guys, do they just apply and then are gauranteed an interview?

Well, I'm no longer there so this is just from what I've gathered from people I still know over there. From what they're telling me, this new TA that Cal has says that they'll give Pref. interviews to Express carriers (XJT), I don't believe this means they will recieve GUARANTEED interviews.

Spoke to a fleet manager today and he said 400 new hires this year. They have hired a retired pilot to run the interview process. All of this, of course, hinges on the outcome of the TA vote. I don't have to tell you how I am going to vote!

dugan jones said:
hey what are the hiring minimums at Continental? thanks for the info

Don't know what they'll be this time around. The mins from 7 years ago were posted somwhere in this section recently. Check here daily for the latest on pilot hiring. I imagine they'll be updating it soon.

http://www.continental.com/company/career/pilot.asp

The word is all applications will be done through the website.

Attended Ground School training a couple of weeks ago, the class was full of returned 9/11 pilots. Hiring at CAL is immediate and after 21 years there, I can say it is a great company with tons of excellent people.

Come on down to Houston.

I have Simulators this week and will update what is going on in the Training Center.

Good luck to all!

Airmike767

Looks like they will be using Airline Apps.com for their application process. There is a link in the careers section for pilots on the CAL site.

I believe that you can use 1 carrier for free but for those of us that already used it have to pay.

Oh well.

Good luck everyone!!

Latest resources

Back