• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recall Bid - Any Bets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just heard 787 delayed until 1st qtr of 2011, we're screwed.

recalls for CAL guys wont happen until after the merge...

that's my bet, we'll see Wednesday.

that doesn't mean our deliveries will be delayed. the first delivery is completely a function of when the airplane gets certified. all of the delays are in the certification process, if I understand correctly. they will have airplanes built and ready to deliver after certification. maybe we will be delayed, but i really don't think 3-4 weeks makes much of a difference. however, i suppose until this thing is certified, we don't have any airplanes coming.

Bid is SUPPOSED to have vacancies for a separate 787 sub-base in IAH. With only 2-3 aircraft, they have to keep it separate until enough aircraft are on property that all 777/787 pilots can be trained. 25 CA and 75 FO vacancies.

On a lighter note, the ORD 757 base is supposedely going bye-bye as the UAL 757's are to be parked. An order for 737-800/900's to fill the gap and a rather large 737 base in ORD to open. The 767's in IAD will be going to EWR to increase international flying and IAD will get the same thing as ORD, a rather large 737-800/900 base. Here's your grain of sand......

Bid is SUPPOSED to have vacancies for a separate 787 sub-base in IAH. With only 2-3 aircraft, they have to keep it separate until enough aircraft are on property that all 777/787 pilots can be trained. 25 CA and 75 FO vacancies.

On a lighter note, the ORD 757 base is supposedely going bye-bye as the UAL 757's are to be parked. An order for 737-800/900's to fill the gap and a rather large 737 base in ORD to open. The 767's in IAD will be going to EWR to increase international flying and IAD will get the same thing as ORD, a rather large 737-800/900 base. Here's your grain of sand......

Any word on when the bid might be out?

Rumor of the bid coming out was August, until about mid-August, and then it became first week of September.

Rumor going around today is the bid is going to have the LAX base so they can stop deadheading crews to fly the HNL and OGG trips.

Rumor only!

just looked at the contract, looks like vacation bid has to open on the 24th of September. seems like they would have to have the bid closed by then so vacation can be awarded considering all the movement that will take place with the 787, it may be slightly delayed, but the training will start much earlier and they could really pin themselves in a corner from a staffing perspective. hope that is the case, guess we will see this week.

Before the first gets here, let me put my prediction down. The bid will be flat.

Every time there is a reason to move forward, "They" find a way to pull down block hours, move airplanes, lay people off. This bid will be no different. We've made 10 new Capt's in the EWR B757/B767 sub base in 2 years, no different this time.

Before the first gets here, let me put my prediction down. The bid will be flat.

Every time there is a reason to move forward, "They" find a way to pull down block hours, move airplanes, lay people off. This bid will be no different. We've made 10 new Capt's in the EWR B757/B767 sub base in 2 years, no different this time.

I see only two possibilities for that - either the 787 isn't on the bid or they are parking more airplanes. But, hard to believe something good is going to happen when it has been so long since the last time things were moving in the right direction. So, who knows.

Latest resources

Back