• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recall Bid - Any Bets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you sure they must have one more bid? that's a serious question, no sarcasm. I though the requirement was at least 2 a year with it no farther then 8 months in between bids. I don't remember the one must be between jan to june and one must be july to dec. And if that's the case they still don't need to have one until december.

Are you a CAL pilot or UAL pilot? Yes, contractually we are required to have 1 more bid per Contract '02. I agree, technically they could have one December 31. I just try to keep the information factual. This is right out of Section 24.3.C.1.

Last edited:
Done, and planning for it.

Right on brother. That's the first question I ask guys when the talk of money, or look at my toys (boats, cars, planes, girlfriends) pictures come out. "How's your strike fund savings coming along?"

lots of rumors starting to float around about the bid being delayed, what a surprise.
It is sad for those suffering under horrible reserve rules, displaced away from home, and especially furloughs, that this semi-annual ritual raises hopes so high, and then dashes them. Bid will come out, but it probably won't have 787 and probably won't recall more than a handful more furloughs. What a shame.

787 delayed again
"Middle of the first quarter"--lousy. Just like other estimates, this is going to be 31 March. "Tomorrow" means at the end of the day, "next week" means Friday, "next month" means last day of month maybe. CAL's system bid was "late August" which is now September.

Boeing Co. postponed the delivery of its first 787 to the middle of the first quarter of 2011, compounding a string of delays for the jetliner that is already more than two years past its original scheduled debut.

The latest delay is the result of engine delivery problems, Boeing said in a statement early Friday.

http://www.komonews.com/news/boeing/101624963.html

Last edited:
Just talked with my union friend and said bid coming out next week with recalls and open positions for hiring. Said 787 delays won't affect it because we're getting the GenX GE engines, not RR. We'll see........

Latest resources

Back