• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

CAL Question

eglpilot

Total Time
5000+
For those recently hired at Cal how long did it take for them to give you the good news? Did they call first thing in the morning or late in the day?

Tanner

Total Time
6000+
Got the interview coming up and was wondering.....What's the timeline between interview date and class date at CAL?

Thanks in advanced!

pkober

Total Time
Right now it's running about a month. Sometimes sooner, but a month is a good bet.

CLAMBAKE

FLYN4FOOD

Total Time
What's it take?

What are the realistic minimums these days for landing a job at Continental?
Any fractional guys with corporate backgrounds getting hired?

Inida Job

Total Time
eglpilot,
I interviewed on a Tuesday and was called for a job two days later at about 1400 mountain time.
IJ

Steve

Curtis Malone
Total Time
FLYN4FOOD said:

I sent you a private message

Meiguy

Total Time
4000+
FLYN4FOOD said:

Had a guy on the jumpseat the other day that only had Part 91 and a little 135. But he had like 3 types on planes such as a G2. So I guess it does happen. However, from what I here they still like military and 121 experience.

ForgedBlade

Total Time
10000+
It boils down to who you know!

There has been a huge variety in the new-hire classes, even a lot of 'kids' in their early-20's with no PIC, no ATP's, and very little turbine time (whose dad's work at CAL).

Other than that, there is a mix of 91, 121, 135, regional, and military.

Last edited:

English

Total Time
My friend recently interviewed at CAL.

He received his call the afternoon of his interview.

Powda5

Total Time
Interviewed 830am (sim was b4 that), and they had my friend (who had recommended me) give me the call the next morning 8am. I thought that was pretty classy. The class I got was 20 days after the call.

Powda5

Total Time
I applied the day the app opened in...April was it? Then got the call in Sept.

Patriot328

Total Time
~10000
Took about 10 days to get called for an interview. After the interview got the call the next afternoon.

Mach92

Total Time
9000+
ForgedBlade said:
It boils down to who you know!

There has been a huge variety in the new-hire classes, even a lot of 'kids' in their early-20's with no PIC, no ATP's, and very little turbine time (whose dad's work at CAL).

Other than that, there is a mix of 91, 121, 135, regional, and military.

So whats your REALLY saying is this means nothing?? :) I to have heard of MANY people getting hired with no PIC time, zip notta. Gota love the system

Thank you for your interest in joining the Continental team. Continental anticipates the need to hire a significant number of pilots during the second half of 2005.

The following are the minimum qualifications to apply for a pilot position:

1,500 hours fixed-wing total flight time
1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet
1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time
1,000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (civilian or military) or 1,000 hours single-engine military fighter jet time
A current ATP written exam
A current first class FAA medical
A current passport
A Bachelor's degree is highly desired