• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Posts $241 Million Profit.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard twice as much in profit sharing as last year if trend continues. I know my flights have been completely full and it's October! Will make more this year than before concessions but we still need a great contract!

Heard twice as much in profit sharing as last year if trend continues. I know my flights have been completely full and it's October! Will make more this year than before concessions but we still need a great contract!

You might make more, but you are working 20% more to make it. Factor in the costs of PBS and we are still WAY behind the last contract (which is 10 years old). Don't forget about the 30% inflation since 1997.

Are you guys in negotiations yet? Not flame bait just want to know. Get all you can mgmt has taken more than their fair share where I work...and it's time for that to end.

Are you guys in negotiations yet? Not flame bait just want to know. Get all you can mgmt has taken more than their fair share where I work...and it's time for that to end.

Yes we are. A couple of sections have been agreed upon already.

Speaking of, when is your contract amendable?

Will you beat AA to the punch and actually get decent wages back?!?!?!?

The profit sharing pool has $157M as of the end of the 3rd quarter. CAL added $66M in the quarter. Add another $2-$5M in the 4th quarter and $160-$165M for the profit sharing pool is possible. Last year FO's received 7.8% and CA's 8%. For our profit sharing to double, I think we would need a pool of around $210-$215M.

Let's hope we get Contract 08 after AA

Here's to hoping we wait until AA get's their contract so we can get parity. It's time to bring back the dignity, respect and honor to this beleagured profession. Working a million hours a month and making wages that would have been respectable 10 years ago is not the way.

The 75s usually go junior in most classes. IAH you may get in the 73 though. Lately everyone is getting EWR. It goes from class to class so you may have it. If not you will get it in the next system bid.

This is such a piss-poor company...and I've worked for Mesa......what a joke of an airline...

Yeah, well, you'd better watch out--if AA quits pissing off pax in the NYC area, all your traffic will dry up. ;) TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back