• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Pilot Progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was fo that was able to hold 777 fo after 1 year. They were just talking about that in the school house the other day.

Correction, he held it after 2.5 months (duing 737 IOE). Training 6 months later.

RocketRob said:
Correction, he held it after 2.5 months (duing 737 IOE). Training 6 months later.

And how would YOU know? :D

Working 4 days per month must be tough, huh....

Hope all is well dude.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
4/25/06 class is 12 737 EWR.

Class breakdown is:

USAF/AFRES
USN
USN/USMC
USN/Customs
XJT
Corporate/XJT
Trans States
ASA
ASA
Airtran
Mesa
AWAC/Corporate

-Neal

So it's not true that all the April classes were comprised of XJT pilots? I heard this from some pilot somewhere. Perhaps it was just one class in April that was all XJT

RIOtoPilot said:
I know that there are no hard and fast rules, but can anyone give a ballpark answer on a F.O.'s progression at CAL? Generally, how many years does it take to move up in aircraft from SN (737-300/500/700) to LN (757, 737-800/900) to Wide?

Ahhh! "Expectations!"

Occam's Razor said:
Ahhh! "Expectations!"

Shoot, I went from newhire to lineholder EWR/756 in 6 months. I'm almost embarrassed by it.

However.. what's that phrase you see on stock statements.... "past performance does not guarunte future results".

YMMV

whymeworry? said:
So it's not true that all the April classes were comprised of XJT pilots? I heard this from some pilot somewhere. Perhaps it was just one class in April that was all XJT

The majority of the 4/4 and 4/11 classes were from XJT but by no means are all of the April classes comprised of XJT pilots. I don't know what this Tuesday's class looks like but I'm sure we'll hear soon.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
4/25/06 class is 12 737 EWR.

Class breakdown is:

USAF/AFRES
USN
USN/USMC
USN/Customs
XJT
Corporate/XJT
Trans States
ASA
ASA
Airtran
Mesa
AWAC/Corporate

-Neal

Hey, there's another Air Tran guy going to CAL.
Surprised to see a USN/Customs guy going there, customs is a great gig for those who can get it.

The 4/18 class was..
4 - XJT
3- Former Fly I
1-ATA
1-Navy
1-Pinnacle
1-ASA
1-GoJ#t --- There goes all of the guys who talked of those guys commiting "career suicide"

I'm in the May 2 class, and I know 4 of us aren't XJT. 3 of the 4 are military....for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back