CAL Pilot Progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JTrain said:
Surprised to see a USN/Customs guy going there, customs is a great gig for those who can get it.

No, it's not. I spent ten years there. I now know why postal workers are the way they are.

psysicx said:
Do the 757's out of IAH fly to Europe? And do they have 5 day trips?

Yes and no to both. The 757 and 767 are the same airplane as far as bidding goes, with mixed types in the same trip pairing.

The 767 does AMS out of IAH. That's it. All the other Europe destinations from IAH (LGW and CDG) are 777.

There are 5 (and 6!) day trips on the 767 out of IAH. I believe those trips do IAH-HNL-GUM-NRT-GUM-HNL-IAH and IAH-HNL-Nagoya(NGO?)-HNL-IAH.

Thanks for that reply. I know the 757 does fly intl out of EWR. So there are only 3 Europe desitnations out of IAH? And do the 5 day trips go senior or junior?

psysicx said:
Thanks for that reply. I know the 757 does fly intl out of EWR. So there are only 3 Europe desitnations out of IAH? And do the 5 day trips go senior or junior?

To say the 757 flies international out of EWR is an understatement. If you aren't going to FL, you're heading to the old world, 757-style... Can't help you with the IAH stuff. As much as I like Texas (god bless her), I'm staying in EWR for a while to enjoy Europe instead of doing the deep south/gum/fl/ksat stuff that is in Houston.

All that being said, as of now (which can change), newhires are getting IAH relatively quickly (within months of hire-date, either airplane), so if you're hell-bent on getting to Mecca, it can be done. EWR is (and always will be) junior, so if you're looking to hold a line and more flexibility, EWR is it.

737 is basically a line with in 1-2 months of finishing ioe... on the 756, it's about DOH+6mos or 2-3 months finishing IOE. Expect that to change a little with the pre-planned summertime slowdown in hiring. The 756 might start going more senior as the DH pay goes back up to 75% this summer and 100% next year.

I think that Ewr would be better but if you live on the left coast it would probably be easier to commute to IAH.

Query. What's the callout time difference for Reserve A vs. Reserve B?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back