• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Pilot Openers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well that is that......looks like no recalls until 2011.

Per the SEC filing from 16 July 2009 AND the filing from 21 Oct 2009, we will have more aircraft on property at the end of 2010 (actually by the summer of 2010) than we have now-
We will have 3 more 757-300's, 4 more 737's and 2 more 777.

Then you look at the fact that we did not replace the retirements of this year, not to mention the upcoming retirements-

We are short pilots, and even though we will have some (not all) of the COLA's returning.
There is no reason for not having a recall except for the company to make life hard on the pilot group.

I hope they call back and hire.....but wouldn't it have been on this bid?

CAL sucks....

Crew planning on the 756 this summer for FOs above 50%=

6 crossing...

Wake up call is coming for CAL this summer... 5 classmates and I are planning on calling in sick for 6 trips this summer

All I can say is WOW! I am one of Sean's friends, and no I am not a pilot. I have a real job where I work M-F and my raises/career longevity are based on my individual performance, NOT based on seniority.

I came on here after discussing my career with Sean. I was joking with him about how he never works and he told me that some people complain about an airline pilot job, I did not believe him. I guess he is correct.

What amazes me the most is how stupid most of you are. I hope that not all pilots flying the aircrafts that I ride in are not as dumb as most of you. I have read through a lot of messages on this board and I can't believe how you think.

Do any of you know what it is like to work in the real world? I would make fun of Sean for being part of a union, now I see why pilots need a union. You would all be fired from anywhere else for being too stupid.

Wherever you work, I hope the company stays in business so that you can keep your jobs. I seriously doubt most of you could do anything else successfully.

Happy New Year,

Dave Hirshmone

Happy New Year Dave,

That's really cool you guys are friends. Sean is an inspiration to those of us that have come to realize that REAL ESTATE is the key to future wealth! I keep telling Sean he needs to do the GOP a favor and go to law school part time so he'll have the cred to be Congressman Sean Roth someday. I'm working as hard as I can to convenience my significant other that we need to relocate to Southeast Tejas! If we work hard enough we might even afford a condo in The Woodlands!

Hopefully you and I will meet since we share a companion opinion of Sean's being a stand-up guy. I'd be up for doing some aggressive Houston outdoors activity like tubing. I'll buy the first case of Natty!

All the best,
LCP (ie Lucky Cal Pilot)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back