• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL orders more 787's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just look at the employee # on their ID's if they Jumpseat...
Last didget is a letter not a number then there you go. EX. 1234b
New hires are G1234 and M1234. Not hard to pick out.....

Yep, but if I'm not mistaken, the Old Frontier guys that got absorbed will have the letter on their ID numbers as well.

News to me.
Most if not all of the newhires have letters at the beginning of there employee #. The information given online is Letters at the end of all employee #'s are the mark. If I've been misinformened then please correct me. This is the rule given by current old school line capts....

News to me.
Most if not all of the newhires have letters at the beginning of there employee #. The information given online is Letters at the end of all employee #'s are the mark. If I've been misinformened then please correct me. This is the rule given by current old school line capts....

That rule is about 95% true. However, there are some non-scab's who have a letter at the end of their employee number. Best to have the list instead of guessing.

Be very careful using that method, as someone else said old Frontier have letters at the end, and many full term strikers have letters at the end. The best advice is to use the list.

Good point, and I hope that is the way it would pan out. On the flip side;

Junior flys with all the guys that had the balls to walk. Junior hears them bitch and moan about how much they lost during the strike. Junior is grateful his dad scabbed because it helped to give him everything he ever wanted, while the children of the guys with balls probably had a little bit less. I'm not saying they were destitute and on the street begging for change. Junior decides he would scab because he would not want to loose anyting. After all, what is son of scab going to do if there is a strike? He got hired at CAL with no turbine PIC time. His job prospects would suck if there was a strike.

Here is the worst part. Junior flys at CAL and realizes that being a scab isn't such a bad thing. For some reason, ALPA let them all back in to, so it couldn't have been such a bad thing, right? After all, Daddy did it and everything seemed to come out honky dory.

I'd much rather have it your way.

Except that there are plenty of us unionists at CAL that have no qualms reminding them of what their fathers did.

Be very careful using that method, as someone else said old Frontier have letters at the end, and many full term strikers have letters at the end. The best advice is to use the list.

A full term striker will go out of his/ her way to let you know they stayed out. You will know within 5 minutes of meeting them... should they have a letter after their emp number. Also, some scabs were young when they crossed. They now realize their mistake and try to make up for it by being a good unionist. Not saying that excuses their behavior at all.... not at all. Just that, at least for some, there is remorse. For others, however, they will lecture you how they "saved" Continental Airlines in the 80s.

Last edited:
I've never flown with a remorseful scab. They usually spend an entire trip talking about there big house (with the big wife to go along with the house), land, car, boat, etc...

To me it doesn't matter how old a person is when the scab. They knew then that it was wrong and only use there age as an excuse. They will be big union talkers until they have to put there money where their mouth is during a strike. I would bet that 99.9% would cross a strike line again. The remaining .01% didn't get the memo about going back to work from management. They work for themselves and there personal career survival only.

I flew with one scab who said that he was hired two weeks before the strike ended so he really wasn't a scab. I said if your on the list your a scab. I doesn't matter if it's two years or two seconds. He accepted the job during a strike and should have known better.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back