• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Nov Retirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think an increase in retirements will by itself lead to recalls. The company will simply cancel the LTRF and other staffing programs put in place over the last year and just like that!!.........staffing problem solved with no recalls. The 147 are contract pawns. They will not be used for staffing until the contract is making progress. It's just fantastic leverage and I don't see the company parting with it's favorite contract tool any time soon.

Plus people coming off of leaves starting this spring won't help either.

The company will simply cancel the LTRF and other staffing programs put in place over the last year and just like that!!.........staffing problem solved with no recalls. QUOTE]

Wrong.... The company can not "cancel" the LTVRF. LTVRF/COLA 10 runs until the end of April 2010; that's a hard number. The only way a pilot can come back early from COLA 10 or LTVRF is if all the furloughed guys/gals are recalled, and that's on a voluntary basis. The company can not FORCE anyone to back back before then.

Last edited:
I'm sure you and your CA agree. Reason;

Scabs and the progeny of scabs think very much alike. It's a family indoctrination thing.

Tell us about it.

Oh, you mean that strike that happened when I was in 1st grade??? Get a life...

Are you even a CAL person or a mainline person anywhere? If not, your opinion does not matter.

Oh, you mean that strike that happened when I was in 1st grade??? Get a life...

Are you even a CAL person or a mainline person anywhere? If not, your opinion does not matter.

You don't have to actually work at CAL to see what a future line crosser looks like. Anyone can see you a mile away.

This is a message board. Any member is free to posts opinions at will. Even tools like you have a voice. Isn't democracy great:rolleyes:

You will be surprised to see who crosses a real picket line. You and your high and mighty folks will be some of the first. I, on the other hand, have other things to do. I don't like to work now as it is, why would I cross then?

The company will simply cancel the LTRF and other staffing programs put in place over the last year and just like that!!.........staffing problem solved with no recalls. The 147 are contract pawns.

Although I agree that the 147 furloughs are pawns, your understanding of the LTVRF and COLA 10 are incorrect. Both furlough mitigation programs run until the end of April 2010; that's a firm date and can not be "cancelled" by the company. The only way a pilot can come back early from COLA 10 or LTVRF is if ALL the furloughed guys/gals are recalled, and then it's only on a voluntary basis. The company can not FORCE anyone to come back before then.

Latest resources

Back