CAL Newhire Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

site41

Anyone have any idea of what airplanes/bases are being offered in the upcoming September/October class dates?

Site41

rest of Sept and Oct 12 ewr 737 4 ewr 757

Like Taxi and Continental said...us newbies got 737 EWR and 4 ish per class on the 756 EWR.

Also, since the bid came out in Aug, they have to get all those transfers, transitions, and upgrades in place before they can put us junior folk in IAH and the occassional CLE. Ahhh...senority!

They said that after January they will then go back to our september classes via email and ask us if we want 737 IAH as there are 70ish vacancies and a handful in CLE.

The other rumor is that there are 40 vacancies on the 777 EWR and that they may start again and send some newhires over there, but some have opposed newhires on the 777.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm in the Sept.18th new hire class, and want 737 IAH, it sounds like EWR is in the cards, no biggie, but could somebody take a wag as to when I can expect to get awarded IAH? Could it be even before we hit the line or sometime next year?

For the guys in training right now, did they mention anything about slowing down or canceling classes due to Age 65 passing?

There were no vacancies on the 777 last bid. My buddy bid it at 100% and did not hold it.

Yeah it went pretty senior. I think the most junior pilot to bid into it could have been a 737 EWR captain. Funny how it changed so quickly. Maybe PBS makes it the last refuge of those who like days off?

If you go to IAH for the interveiw you may do both on the same day. Other wise it depends on scheds, when I did mine they gave me a choice of a few days, I think it was about a week and a half.

Latest resources

Back